ES-339

Pickup and Parts reviews, advice, discussions here
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Let's say a fella acquired and ES-339 and was in need of a gig bag made for such. I found plenty of HSC for the 339 but I have not been able to locate a gig bag. Anyone know of if there us such a thing.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:53 pm Let's say a fella acquired and ES-339 and was in need of a gig bag made for such. I found plenty of HSC for the 339 but I have not been able to locate a gig bag. Anyone know of if there us such a thing.
Hard cases for the 339 with the Epiphone name on them are all over the web for about $100. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

tonebender wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:53 pm Let's say a fella acquired and ES-339 and was in need of a gig bag made for such. I found plenty of HSC for the 339 but I have not been able to locate a gig bag. Anyone know of if there us such a thing.
For a short time I had an epi 339 and it fit in the Fender gig bag I was storing an LP in at the time, sorry I don't remember the model. 339 isn't too much wider than a LP though?

Also mehinks any fella that might have acquired a 339 best be sharin' some photos so we know for sure he's not just asking for a friend ;-)
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Let's say that a fella aquired a ES-339. Where in the stable would that hypothetically fit?
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I did not think about a Fender gig bag, I do belief and generic Fender gig bag is just what I need. Thanks @uwmcscott and I have not taken any pics yet. I am sure I will get around to it sooner or later.

@mickey I prefer a gig bag over a hard shell but I may eventually get one if I ever desire to ship.

@tlarson58 For many years I generally take two electric guitars to gigs, one LP with P90's and one semi-hollow with hums. I have several nice semi-hollow guitars and did not need another one. Seems need has nothing to do with it. Pretty sure this 339 will settle in as the "go to" semi for gigs.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:44 pm

@mickey I prefer a gig bag over a hard shell but I may eventually get one if I ever desire to ship.
I was just thinking that if there are scads of places with Epiphone hard cases, at least some of them ought to have Epi gig bags that should work just fine. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

tlarson58 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:14 pm Let's say that a fella aquired a ES-339. Where in the stable would that hypothetically fit?
In the ES-335 genre. It is a 335 that the body shrunk in the wash.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I have an 1985 Ibanez Artist AM70, which has dimensions very close to the ES-335. I use a Rondo Les Paul HSC. Like @mickey suggested, most gig bags that accommodate Strats, Teles and LPs should work.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tonebender
Reactions:

I woke up this morning and my first thought was to see if the standard Gibson LP gig bag would work. I remembered that I had a spare in the closet so I slipped it in and it is a perfect fit. I don't know why I was thinking it was bigger than a Les Paul. PROBLEM SOLVED! Now I have to find something else to do today, I was going to visit the music store and shop for a gig bag.