I need a wrap around bridge **Metric**

Pickup and Parts reviews, advice, discussions here
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I need a recommendation for a wrap around bridge with adjustable saddles that works on Epi or other imports. I like the Hipshot Baby Grand but it will not fit imports. Or at least the one I have on my Melody Maker will not fit on an import without modification. Has anyone pout one on a Epi or other import that fit? Oh yeah I know Tone Pros makes one for both metric and domestic but I was not looking to spend that much for this guitar. There are many on fleabay and such for cheap but I have no way of knowing if they will fit an import.

Thanks for helping me out on this!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
honyock
Reactions:

I like this one, cheap and very sturdy.

Musiclily Pro 52.5mm Pigtail... www.amazon.com/dp/B0757K41W1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tobijohn
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:30 pm I like this one, cheap and very sturdy.

Musiclily Pro 52.5mm Pigtail... www.amazon.com/dp/B0757K41W1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I agree, plus its height is lower than most of the other bad ass style wraparound bridges so the action can be adjusted lower. With some of the others, I had to countersink the anchors to get the strings low enough...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Most excellent. Bridge on the way and thanks for your help! It is a relatively cheap guitar but a real player. I could not get the intonation right with the stock wrap around with the fixed saddles. Hopefully this bridge will all for better intonation.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:00 am Most excellent. Bridge on the way and thanks for your help! It is a relatively cheap guitar but a real player. I could not get the intonation right with the stock wrap around with the fixed saddles. Hopefully this bridge will all for better intonation.
Just curious, what import guitar are you referring to that is the real player? An Epi, or maybe your Firefly?
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I’m not sure if they still do or not, but Wilkinson used to make a decent one for around $20-$30.

Also saw a fancy Gibson one the other day that was basically just the locking bridge section of a Floyd Rose, no clue on the price, but I’m sure it’s up there lol.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
tobijohn
Reactions:

FWIW, Gotoh also makes a really nice low profile wraparound with what I consider better aesthetics, but it costs almost three times as much as the Musiclily one and really isn't any more functional:

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.co ... stud-lock/
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:31 am
tonebender wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:00 am Most excellent. Bridge on the way and thanks for your help! It is a relatively cheap guitar but a real player. I could not get the intonation right with the stock wrap around with the fixed saddles. Hopefully this bridge will all for better intonation.
Just curious, what import guitar are you referring to that is the real player? An Epi, or maybe your Firefly?
I like my single P90 Gibson SG Junior so much that I wanted the Les Paul version. The problem is they all come with a 50's neck profile, even the Epi version now. So I started looking for a copy that I could upgrade. I stumbled onto this guitar on fleabay for well under $3 bills. There was no mention of neck profile or brand but I took a chance. It come out of California. It arrived quickly. It has the perfect profile for me. I prefer 60's over 50's but when they are in between they are perfect and this one is perfect. Fit and finish is great and it plays soft. The issues were as I suspected, bad tuners, bad pup, plastic nut, and a wraparound bridge that would not intonate. The pots have a nice sweep so they stay, the frets are smooth and level. It now has new Klusons, an Alnico 2 P90 at 7.7 OHMs, graphtec nut and soon a new bridge. I ordered a hipshot baby grand hoping it would fit but knowing I could put it on my SG Jr is it didn't. It did not fit, so the SG will get an upgraded new bridge. It is not a color scheme that I like but I could change that if I wanted to do so. I will throw up some pics when it is ready to rock.
glasshand
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:16 am FWIW, Gotoh also makes a really nice low profile wraparound with what I consider better aesthetics, but it costs almost three times as much as the Musiclily one and really isn't any more functional:

https://www.philadelphialuthiertools.co ... stud-lock/
I second the Gotoh - I have one on an Epiphone. Arguably it doesn't function any better than others, but I feel a little better about using a Japanese-made part from a reputable firm rather than the cheapest Chinese thing I can find on Amazon.