New stud mount Xtrem from GFS

Pickup and Parts reviews, advice, discussions here
glasshand
Reactions:

Wery interesting!
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Xtrem-Poli ... 47300.html

Basically, it's a Bigsby-like vibrato that mounts to existing TOM studs without needing any drilling of holes. I like the idea, although I think the Duesenberg Les Trem II looks a bit neater.
peskypesky
Reactions:

This is definitely cool if you want a Bigsby-style.

I much prefer the Duesenberg Les Trem II though and will probably buy one for my Epiphone Dot if/when my finances improve. (This stock market "crash" has cost me a shitload of money. :cry: )
Banned by Momo
mickey
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:00 pm This is definitely cool if you want a Bigsby-style.

I much prefer the Duesenberg Les Trem II though and will probably buy one for my Epiphone Dot if/when my finances improve. (This stock market "crash" has cost me a shitload of money. :cry: )
You aren't the only one!!!!! :cry: If the markets don't turn around soon I may have to find a (forgive the expression) JOB! :cry:
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

I just ordered one. (I dont have much market exposure.)
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Partscaster
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:00 pm This is definitely cool if you want a Bigsby-style.

Hey Pesky,
Do you know if the Duesenberg Les Trem II fits imports like Agile or SX?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
glasshand
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Hey Pesky,
I can confirm that it fits at least one Agile! I used to have one on my old Agile AL-2500, so I strongly suspect it would fit any reasonably standard import.

I sold both guitar and Les Trem a while back in a great gear cleanup, but just recently I found myself thinking that a Les Trem would be useful and look good on my Firebird, and now I wish I hadn't sold it... *sigh*
peskypesky
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Hey Pesky,
they fit on Epiphones, so I'm guessing yes.
Banned by Momo
honyock
Reactions:

Would look really nice on something like an Explorer. Too square for an LP to my eye.

I still have a gold Bigsby B5 with a Vibramate I haven't figured out the correct home for...and GFS is not very lefty friendly so I won't have to worry.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
peskypesky
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:17 pm

You aren't the only one!!!!! :cry: If the markets don't turn around soon I may have to find a (forgive the expression) JOB! :cry:
You and me both.

The only little ray of sunshine for me is that the dollar has been strengthening against the Euro, so buying a condo in Spain will be less expensive for me.
https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/ ... 022-09-21/
Banned by Momo
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

It says it fits any USA or import-spec guitar with a TOM bridge.
That’s a plus.
It says it comes with metric studs.
SAE studs have to be ordered separately.
Looks like it’s geared towards the import market.

Of course, no lefty version.
That leaves me out.
That’s OK. I have TP6 tailpieces and roller bridges.
Although, it would have been kind of cool to have a roller TOM bridge and the X trem on the new 2xP90 Hawk.
I’d better forget about trems for that one.
One of the reasons I got it is the lack of a trem.

I don’t see a lefty version of the Duesenberg, either.
Looks like I’m safe from that temptation.
glasshand
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:02 am I don’t see a lefty version of the Duesenberg, either.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=lefty%20les%20trem

You're welcome. :twisted:
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:31 pm Wery interesting!

Basically, it's a Bigsby-like vibrato that mounts to existing TOM studs without needing any drilling of holes. I like the idea, although I think the Duesenberg Les Trem II looks a bit neater.
On a related note, finally -- Finally! -- managed to score an original-flavor Les Trem.

20221207_183529.jpg
bc rich
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:42 pm
glasshand wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:31 pm Wery interesting!

On a related note, finally -- Finally! -- managed to score an original-flavor Les Trem.

20221207_183529.jpg
Congrats on Les Trem score, they look better than the new model .
Scored a used one years ago and put it on my Bitch.

[attachment=0]unnamed.jpg[/attachment

One issue with mine was that it came apart in use .
It is made in two pieces and held together with two small screws . maybe 6/32 or 3.5mm
I used slightly longer ss screws and cut them down to a length to fully use all the threads in the tapped holes .
A touch of Macgyver and locktite and you are good.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

glasshand wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:11 pm
Jaymo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:02 am I don’t see a lefty version of the Duesenberg, either.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=lefty%20les%20trem

You're welcome. :twisted:
Why thank you, good sir.
I can always count on the enablers here to help me spend my money. 😆
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

bc rich wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:50 am
Congrats on Les Trem score, they look better than the new model .
Scored a used one years ago and put it on my Bitch.

One issue with mine was that it came apart in use.
It is made in two pieces and held together with two small screws . maybe 6/32 or 3.5mm
I used slightly longer ss screws and cut them down to a length to fully use all the threads in the tapped holes .
A touch of Macgyver and locktite and you are good.
Very helpful info, thanks!