GC - 10% off used

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I have scored a lot of good deals over the years when Guitar Center has run 10-15% off coupons on used gear, but I have not seen it for a long time. Looks like it runs through the 25th of October and has a minimum purchase of $499 in cart ( not per item ). Appears to add the discount automatically in your cart as well.

I know what I'll be doing later tonight lol. Probably @slowhand84 too ;-)

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/?icid=421657
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Happy hunting!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
golem
Reactions:

I saw it a few days ago. Nothing has struck my fancy yet except tuff that has horrible pictures and likely an incorrect label
solteroblues
Reactions:

I just looked at my local's inventory... they have a Eart LP style for $499!!!! It would take way more than 10% off to get that down off the wall. I think they usually sell new for about $150 on Amazon LOL

edit... I also just saw an old Dean Thoroughbred for $899, down from $999 haha
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Mostly their used prices are about right but on occasion they do put a ridiculous price tag on a POS. You can always make an offer on used stuff and sometimes it works. I think they have more flexibility on used stuff vs brand new. Awhile back there was a used Gretsch semi in the Lakeland GC that was actually priced higher than I could buy it new. It was grungy as hell. I told the guy about it and he pecked around in the computer and gave me a price less than what it was marked but still ridiculous. It was almost as if they were doing it as a joke to see what would happen.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I agree GC Used doesn't appear to be what it was in years past. Yes, there are still very occasional good deals, but for the most part those prices have gone up way too far. Worse, my local store tells me they don't get to decide prices anymore, that it's corporate dictate. And during the 10% off deal, I have yet to see any price reductions on any guitar. It will be interesting to see if they change anything after that discount is over, but the discount hasn't talked me into any gear yet, despite watching several guitars there. I think it's a sad state overall, but I don't need more gear. I feel bad for those of us who do.
tobijohn
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 pm ...Awhile back there was a used Gretsch semi in the Lakeland GC that was actually priced higher than I could buy it new. It was grungy as hell. I told the guy about it and he pecked around in the computer and gave me a price less than what it was marked but still ridiculous. It was almost as if they were doing it as a joke to see what would happen.
They're giving left-handed players a chance to pay more than twice as much for a used Harley Benton Tele as that of new one:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/product-de ... 5119073944

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_ben ... series.htm
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:43 pm They're giving left-handed players a chance to pay more than twice as much for a used Harley Benton Tele as that of new one:
Yup. Righties too. I get it Guitar Center, I really do. You need to make a profit on what you sell, whether it is new or used.
But here's the deal. When you list, say, a used SX Liquid for $299.99 + shipping and tax like this...
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/SX/VT ... -Guitar.gc
SX Liquid Overpriced.jpg
...and you're told that's way overpriced because Rondo is selling the same guitar brand new for $215.00 here:
https://www.rondomusic.com/product9793.html
...and you don't lower the price to something appropriate, then you, Guitar Center, are the feminine product bag, trying to take advantage of any unsuspecting guitar player who doesn't know better.
tonebender
Reactions:

I think I have purchased my last electric guitar but I could be persuaded to buy an acoustic if a vintage Gibson acoustic came along that was priced right and was a real player.
slowhand84
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:38 pm I have scored a lot of good deals over the years when Guitar Center has run 10-15% off coupons on used gear, but I have not seen it for a long time. Looks like it runs through the 25th of October and has a minimum purchase of $499 in cart ( not per item ). Appears to add the discount automatically in your cart as well.

I know what I'll be doing later tonight lol. Probably @slowhand84 too ;-)

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/?icid=421657
Haven't been on here in a few days so just saw this notification. I am totally full up on guitars but I did see this and take a peek, thankfully nothing I needed/wanted came up.

GC Used does still come up with gems with some frequency, but it is a little less frequent than before. Luckily I grabbed everything I needed and then some when the getting was good, I still kinda shake my head in disbelief at the insane steals I've scored from GC Used over the years :lol: