Old Cool Cat

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

If this was a whole lot more lefty, I would probably grab it. Old Cool Cat on GC Used:
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Agile ... -Guitar.gc
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I am going to guess that price is probably $100 higher than what that guitar sold for new. Back in the 2008 era, I can recall some folks trying to speculate if the Agile brand in time, would devolve into $30 yard sale guitars, hold value or appreciate. Perhaps this is a sign of the latter?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
slowhand84
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:49 am I am going to guess that price is probably $100 higher than what that guitar sold for new. Back in the 2008 era, I can recall some folks trying to speculate if the Agile brand in time, would devolve into $30 yard sale guitars, hold value or appreciate. Perhaps this is a sign of the latter?
Not necessarily, it's important to remember that what a guitar is priced at when listed for sale has nothing to do with its actual market value...it's what it sells for that matters. There are many Agiles (including this one and a bunch of $500+ AL models) up for sale at GC for exorbitant prices, and they're all still sitting there and will likely be for a while. I've purchased MANY Agiles from GC over the years and some of them I've snatched up for as little as half of the original new price, or sometimes even a little less.

This isn't to say that you won't ever find anyone willing to pay the new price or even higher for a used model, but those situations are the exception and not the norm. Inflation also plays a role, Agiles were typically $200 to $300 back in the day but now the same exact guitar made in the same place is being sold by Rondo for $500+.