HB Fusion with Duncans - $289 at GC

slowhand84
Reactions:

This isn't one of the roasted neck models (but rather the regular maple neck ones), still a nice deal at $289 with these pickups though given that the set of 3 Duncans would probably be close to that on their own:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-St ... -Guitar.gc
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Das Vidanya! Someone grabbed it!
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
slowhand84
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:39 pm Das Vidanya! Someone grabbed it!
Not surprised, most of these Bentons when they're under $300 (and ESPECIALLY when upgraded) don't last long. I also shared this with someone on TGP who was looking for one, so maybe he went for it.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Last night I snagged a Purple Quilted Top Epiphone NightHawk Custom off FleaBay for $250 SHIPPED. Guy wanted $450. I low balled him an offer thinking he'd never go for it but he did. Looks like it needs a cleanup and definitely a setup but was a complete steal. He shipped it with tracking this morning. :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
mozz
Reactions:

Beware buying anything which the pickups are labeled Seymour Duncan as a upgrade, Ali express sells many fakes, Seymour Duncan, JB, JAZZ, 59, Lace sensor, Suhr, EMG, Burns tri sonic, Bigsby. You may be getting $30 pickups.
AGF refugee
slowhand84
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:23 pm Beware buying anything which the pickups are labeled Seymour Duncan as a upgrade, Ali express sells many fakes, Seymour Duncan, JB, JAZZ, 59, Lace sensor, Suhr, EMG, Burns tri sonic, Bigsby. You may be getting $30 pickups.
Easy enough to tell when you open it up, and GC has 45 day no questions asked returns so there is absolutely no risk buying anything from them. Also the stock pickups in these Bentons are pretty solid, so the idea of someone replacing them with fake $30 pickups doesn't make much sense unless they also bought them thinking they were real when they weren't. The logos are also a pretty good tell (font, etc) and these looked 100% legit.

You're right though, fake pups definitely exist and are to be looked out for.
mozz
Reactions:

I think most people will not know the difference on the font. I was also talking about guitars for sale other places than GC. I wonder if GC pays more when trading in if they see Seymour Duncan on the pickups? Unless the seller has receipts, i would be skeptical. Depending on the fakes, you might even look the same from the back unless they are using those cheap backing plates on 1000's of china made pickups.
AGF refugee
slowhand84
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:25 am I think most people will not know the difference on the font. I was also talking about guitars for sale other places than GC. I wonder if GC pays more when trading in if they see Seymour Duncan on the pickups? Unless the seller has receipts, i would be skeptical. Depending on the fakes, you might even look the same from the back unless they are using those cheap backing plates on 1000's of china made pickups.
Nope, they dont consider mods at all for the most part when gear is traded in. I've purchased guitars from GC before with $400 pickups for less than $300 total.

Again not saying fakes dont happen but it is quite rare in my experience. Of course like anything else the more knowledgeable you are the less likely you are to get burned, so it is good to be aware of that possibility. Most places you buy a guitar that have any kind of buyer protection will allow a return over something like fake pups. CL, FB, offerUp etc. do not though, so that's where you wanna be cautious.