mickey
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:43 pm they ARE good guitars
Well, they are "VINTAGE HAND MADE" cause it says so on the headstock! :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
slowhand84
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:43 pm they ARE good guitars
Certainly are decent modding platforms, never said otherwise…but at their actual price and not 10X that. Not to mention most of this listing is total nonsense.
Flatline
Reactions:

...but it's "1 of 2". It says so right there on the sticker where he wrote it in ink pen.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

He listed it on FB too. I told him I didn't think they were that rare, as I had seen others here on aguitarforum.net and showed him mine with the same exact finish. I like mine, but if someone offered me $750 for it, I'd happily let it go.
slowhand84
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:43 am He listed it on FB too. I told him I didn't think they were that rare, as I had seen others here on aguitarforum.net and showed him mine with the same exact finish. I like mine, but if someone offered me $750 for it, I'd happily let it go.
Somehow I feel like any comments made to this person about this listing will be met with either total indifference or hostility. I stopped trying to educate people long ago :lol:
mickey
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:12 am ...but it's "1 of 2". It says so right there on the sticker where he wrote it in ink pen.
Guess he enjoyed 2 of 2 more?
Gandalf the Intonationer
golem
Reactions:

It reminds me that someone who rarely logs in here but is local to me once tried to trade me an SX bass for an American standard.
dabbler
Reactions:

golem wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:12 am It reminds me that someone who rarely logs in here but is local to me once tried to trade me an SX bass for an American standard.
But wait, we need details! Was it a soft hook, fishook or pointed headstock SX? 😂
golem
Reactions:

@dabbler He did mention about it having a headstock they didn't use any more and that's why it was so great. I'm poking fun of him lightly as I have met with him several times and traded with him and he's an alright guy. But I will say he seems rather persistent in trying to sell a Rivera Fandango locally for almost twice what the local GC is currently asking for their example.

And quite frankly, I also flip gear on occasion as well. I'm just very careful about how I make trade offers and offers and negotiating prices. At this point, 90% of my best deals are from people who repeatedly use my to sell gear they want to move. Making people unhappy with you doesn't get you those kinds of relationships.