Agile AD with Old Headstock at GC

tony1852
Reactions:

It's pricey, but everyone raves out the old headstock agiles

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Agile ... ar&index=7

what would someone think this should go for, or at $479 is it worth it for the old school mojo?
mozz
Reactions:

Overpriced. I don't think the old headstock means anything quality wise except old headstock.
AGF refugee
mickey
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm Overpriced. I don't think the old headstock means anything quality wise except old headstock.
Agreed. Both on the overpriced & on the old headstock being no better than the newer headstock.
But I do admit, I prefer the look of the old one. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
tony1852
Reactions:

that's good to know on the old head stock being no better quality than the newer. i've been super happy with my AL-3200MCC, but I know that some of the older models were thicker, different horn or shape, etc.. maybe the mystique of the older Agiles was more the price than anything else. Some of those things were dirt cheap! That's a whole lot of bang for the buck!!!
fatjack
Reactions:

The old headstoxk makes it more Gibsonesque. But it's priced 40% too high. I'd pay 250 w/o a case for a lefty 275 with a case. But I'm cheap.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Wow, too high for sure! I'd love to have one of those at a reasonable price and I wouldn't even be picky about which headstock. There's some nice Hamer double cuts out there that would fit the bill, too.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Move guitar, and as everyone else said, way too much $. Someone is applying the Open Book Surcharge.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
Chocol8
Reactions:

I would rather spend a little more for the AD-3200 new. An old used set neck is maybe a $300 guitar, but unless it has a nice set of upgraded pickups, I’d probably pass at $300 even.
tobijohn
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:03 pm that's good to know on the old head stock being no better quality than the newer. i've been super happy with my AL-3200MCC, but I know that some of the older models were thicker, different horn or shape, etc.. maybe the mystique of the older Agiles was more the price than anything else. Some of those things were dirt cheap! That's a whole lot of bang for the buck!!!
I've got Agiles of just about every make and model produced in a left-handed dexterity, from the old headstock/Gibson horn LP-2000/2500 (circa 2003?) up to the most recent AD-3200MCC along with a full body thickness Vietnamese AL-3100MCC and I'd say the variance in build quality is within what most would consider a minimal margin of error. However, the same can not be said for the Fenderesque SX/Douglas/Hadean stuff...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tobijohn
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:48 pm I would rather spend a little more for the AD-3200 new. An old used set neck is maybe a $300 guitar, but unless it has a nice set of upgraded pickups, I’d probably pass at $300 even.
Occasionally, someone with a collector's perspective might be willing to pay up for an unusual model or finish but in this case, yeah, IMHO, that one is way overpriced.

And as for the rare and unusual designation, I was just looking at several guitars I have that I've not seen again or maybe just once on the used market since I purchased the ones I have (five years ago in some cases). Are they rare? I suppose so. Would I be able to sell them for the $200-$300 I paid for them? Maybe...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar