AL3100MCC Birdseye @ GC!

slowhand84
Reactions:

This’ll be gone fast...won’t even come up for folks searching by Agile since they misspelled it “Aglie” :).

Comes to just over $300 with case, not bad at all and a beautiful birdseye top.

I can’t justify another LP at all so someone here should grab it:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-St ... CC&index=2
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

If that was lefty, I'd have already checked out.
mighty_duck
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm This’ll be gone fast...won’t even come up for folks searching by Agile since they misspelled it “Aglie” :).

Great find. Someone should buy it now!
I'm not sure it's a 3100mcc though. More likely a "golden era" 3100 (full thickness, but probably no thick maple top, coil tap or compound radius).
Clues - the bridge doesn't look like a graph tech string saver. On the back of the headstock, there is a faint outline of the serial number on the top, rather than closer to where the head meets the neck.

image.png
image.png (320.65 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
image.png
image.png (158.64 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Example :
https://www.rondomusic.com/al3100natbird.html
slowhand84
Reactions:

mighty_duck wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:28 am
slowhand84 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm This’ll be gone fast...won’t even come up for folks searching by Agile since they misspelled it “Aglie” :).

I'm not sure it's a 3100mcc though. More likely a "golden era" 3100 (full thickness, but probably no thick maple top, coil tap or compound radius).
Clues - the bridge doesn't look like a graph tech string saver. On the back of the headstock, there is a faint outline of the serial number on the top, rather than closer to where the head meets the neck.

image.png
image.png

Example :
Yep that’s correct I just copied the listing title as is in case the link doesn’t show for someone but it’s definitely a regular AL3100 :).
mickey
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:59 am

image.png
image.png

Example :
Yep that’s correct I just copied the listing title as is in case the link doesn’t show for someone but it’s definitely a regular AL3100 :).
Oh, come on! It might be an "Aglie" AL3100MCC. :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

Still there!

Great price at 249.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I think you are right and I'd personally prefer the older version. Only potential issue for me from that era is that it might way 13lbs ;-)
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
toomanycats
Reactions:

Is it just me, or do those tailpiece bolts look domed rather than flat? I don't recall ever seeing that on a stock Agile before.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
slowhand84
Reactions:

Razzle wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:58 am Still there!

Great price at 249.
Yeah it's actually $265 and with tax and shipping comes out to just over $300, still pretty solid for such a pretty AL with case included. The only reason it's not gone yet is the typo in the brand name, it doesn't come up if you search for Agiles like many people do and you can only spot it if you browse through their entire used inventory and get to that price point. I frequently browse GC exactly that way so that's how I came across it :lol:
uwmcscott wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 am

I think you are right and I'd personally prefer the older version. Only potential issue for me from that era is that it might way 13lbs ;-)
Yeah the weight is always a concern, granted it's GC so super easy returns but my AL3100 Silverburst that I sold was almost exactly 13 lbs. Not a gigging guitar even with the amazing comfort of a @TVvoodoo WH strap! :shock:
toomanycats wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 am Is it just me, or do those tailpiece bolts look domed rather than flat? I don't recall ever seeing that on a stock Agile before.
I'd guess it's probably just the way the light is reflecting off of 'em. People did all sorts of mods and upgrades on these though so it could maybe be an upgraded bridge. The knobs are definitely not original.
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Well, I'm gonna have to thank @slowhand84 for me getting my first AL! I'll name her Aglie! Only other Agile I had was a Ghost and I never bonded with it.

I'll give you guys the deets when I get the guitar (hopefully next week). I'm no expert on Agile guitars, so you'll have to help me figure it out!

EDIT: I've been looking for a good deal on an AL for a couple years. Always came late. Not a huge fan of this finish, but it might just be the pics. I do like natural finishes, so we'll see when it comes in. I think black pickup rings and switch cover might help.

The fact that a case comes with it sold it for me. I'm hoping it's a hard case; I've been wanting another LP hardcase in case I wanted to bring both of my LTD EC-1000's to a gig.
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
slowhand84
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:38 pm Well, I'm gonna have to thank @slowhand84 for me getting my first AL! I'll name her Aglie! Only other Agile I had was a Ghost and I never bonded with it.

I'll give you guys the deets when I get the guitar (hopefully next week). I'm no expert on Agile guitars, so you'll have to help me figure it out!
Sweet, glad we managed to keep it in the family. Make sure to pull the pickups when you get it, sometimes you get a nice surprise in the form of some upgraded stuff. Hope it's a winner for you!
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:44 pm
RockYoWorld wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:38 pm Well, I'm gonna have to thank @slowhand84 for me getting my first AL! I'll name her Aglie! Only other Agile I had was a Ghost and I never bonded with it.

Sweet, glad we managed to keep it in the family. Make sure to pull the pickups when you get it, sometimes you get a nice surprise in the form of some upgraded stuff. Hope it's a winner for you!
I'll definitely look at those pups. I'm gonna try to resist the urge to swap out the pickups (I have very few stock guitars) so hopefully they hit right... I do have a set of Fishman Fluence Moderns sitting around, though...
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
slowhand84
Reactions:

RockYoWorld wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 pm
slowhand84 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:44 pm

I'll definitely look at those pups. I'm gonna try to resist the urge to swap out the pickups (I have very few stock guitars) so hopefully they hit right... I do have a set of Fishman Fluence Moderns sitting around, though...
Yeah I've never kept stock pups in an Agile, but then again I bought most of mine used and they already came with upgraded stuff. The Moderns are great, I have them in my most recent Agile purchase (the white Agile Epic MOD). My custom AS-1000 I liked enough to hunt down a set of Bareknuckle Mules, luckily at half the new price. The pups are really the only weak point on Agile guitars, everything else is well on par with guitars costing several times more. Once you get some great pickups in there you end up with a really top notch axe.
honyock
Reactions:

The misspelled Agile got me my old style semi-custom 3200 at a sane price. Fairly confident mine is chambered as it weighs only 9.5lb despite being full thickness old style 3200, Kurt could offer no details about it unfortunately.

It was listed as an Aguile 3100Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
slowhand84
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:24 pm The misspelled Agile got me my old style semi-custom 3200 at a sane price. Fairly confident mine is chambered as it weighs only 9.5lb despite being full thickness old style 3200, Kurt could offer no details about it unfortunately.

Nice one! My semi-custom Agile AS-1000 was sold to me by GC at $199, though spelled correctly...not sure why anyone would take $100 from GC when trading that in but I'm not gonna complain about it :lol:

honyock
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote:
honyock wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:24 pm The misspelled Agile got me my old style semi-custom 3200 at a sane price. Fairly confident mine is chambered as it weighs only 9.5lb despite being full thickness old style 3200, Kurt could offer no details about it unfortunately.

Nice one! My semi-custom Agile AS-1000 was sold to me by GC at $199, though spelled correctly...not sure why anyone would take $100 from GC when trading that in but I'm not gonna complain about it Image

Gorgeous

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Congrats @RockYoWorld that top is absolutely gorgeous excellent snag. I just sold my AL-3200 day before yesterday to a close friend only Agile I have left is my PS900 I don't believe I'll ever part with it. I really like the AL-3XXX line they're great guitars. I'm sure I'll have another.
slowhand84
Reactions:

redman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:48 pm Congrats @RockYoWorld that top is absolutely gorgeous excellent snag. I just sold my AL-3200 day before yesterday to a close friend only Agile I have left is my PS900 I don't believe I'll ever part with it. I really like the AL-3XXX line they're great guitars. I'm sure I'll have another.
I also recently got rid of my final AL, but they have all served me beautifully over the years. Just got a 70s Japanese Cortez for chump change a few months back that is hands down my absolute favorite LP that has ever been in my hands so I decided to let the Agiles go since they were just sittin'.

Still have my Agile Epics though and of course my custom AS-1000. Might sell the green Epic because I like the white one w/Fishmans much better, but the white Epic and the AS-1000 are forever guitars for me.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

slowhand84 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:49 pm I also recently got rid of my final AL, but they have all served me beautifully over the years. Just got a 70s Japanese Cortez for chump change a few months back that is hands down my absolute favorite LP that has ever been in my hands so I decided to let the Agiles go since they were just sittin'.

Still have my Agile Epics though and of course my custom AS-1000. Might sell the green Epic because I like the white one w/Fishmans much better, but the white Epic and the AS-1000 are forever guitars for me.
I just rebuilt my 83 LP Studio I also have several dual HB guitars I have a Godin w/2 HB's and a SC in the middle .Mine was great but the guy I play, write and record with made me a fair offer and I took it. Like you I replaced the pups with a set of Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker's in it played and sounded great but was pretty heavy. The older I get the lighter I like my gear I have a little Blackstar HT1R combo it weighs 12 lbs sounds great and is loud enough to jam if I need more I'll drop a 57 in front of it and run it through the PA. :)