Couple Nice Agiles At GC!

slowhand84
Reactions:

Hey folks,

In my usual search I came across two Agiles that I know a lot of folks here sometimes look for, and these appear to be priced pretty solidly:

1). An AL-3100 Silverburst with gig bag, $250+tax and ship: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Agile ... 6259388.gc

2). A Valkyrie Prestige with gig bag, $250+tax and ship: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Agile ... -Guitar.gc
Kirobhan
Reactions:

Nice Valk! Damn GC website no longer allows shipping to Hawaii.
zisme
Reactions:

oof. wish i could grab that valk! someone here oughta
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
tony1852
Reactions:

hate you guys, seriously...

how do you think this compares to an epi G400 pro? are the specs i dug up from rondo correct on this one?

https://www.rondomusic.com/valkiiipresblue.html

thanks, I might snag it!!!
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Those are really nice!
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
zisme
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:33 pm hate you guys, seriously...

how do you think this compares to an epi G400 pro? are the specs i dug up from rondo correct on this one?

i would take the valk over the epi every day of the week. if you can get down with the shape, i think it's the clear winner - especially for that price. the gold hardware would have to go, but that's just me

that looks like the right rondo listing
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
JeffBeck
Reactions:

That Valk is damned nice.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Very welcome! And yep, that's the one. The melty shape aint for everyone but these are killer guitars otherwise and well worth their asking price.
mickey
Reactions:

I have an older (pre-melted) valk and if that one is half as good as mine, please do not put Epi in the same sentence with it! :)
Valk2.jpg
Gandalf the Intonationer
tony1852
Reactions:

i got rid of two SGs this last year. One was an Epi prophecy pro with dirty fingers and that thing just rocked! The other was a Gibson standard with 24 frets and a classic 57 and mini firebird. cost a lot of money and couldn't stand it at all. the Gibson felt like a more solidly built guitar, but the Epi felt and sounded amazing to me. sold them both, should have never sold the Epi.

my struggle is to try to recreate that Epi (or buy the same model) with better quality feel. the specs on this say '3 piece mahogany body' with a 'maple neck'. mickey, your Valk is beautiful. if the specs are similar, than this one is probably a steal. did you mod yours? wife gonna kill me if i pull the trigger on another guitar that probably has to become a project (pots, wiring, cap, maybe pickups).
mickey
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:02 am i got rid of two SGs this last year. One was an Epi prophecy pro with dirty fingers and that thing just rocked! The other was a Gibson standard with 24 frets and a classic 57 and mini firebird. cost a lot of money and couldn't stand it at all. the Gibson felt like a more solidly built guitar, but the Epi felt and sounded amazing to me. sold them both, should have never sold the Epi.

my struggle is to try to recreate that Epi (or buy the same model) with better quality feel. the specs on this say '3 piece mahogany body' with a 'maple neck'. mickey, your Valk is beautiful. if the specs are similar, than this one is probably a steal. did you mod yours? wife gonna kill me if i pull the trigger on another guitar that probably has to become a project (pots, wiring, cap, maybe pickups).
I have done no mods to it. I bought it used off CL from Mount St. Helens Oregon.
The guy wouldn't ship it so one of the folks on AGF bought it and shipped it to me.
The previous owner had had the bridge pickup replaced with a Duncan Designed.
I thought that would be worthless to a guy like me, but it is so twangy that Duane Eddy's mom would love it! :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
tony1852
Reactions:

IF i get another guitar, it's between the Valkyrie, or these SGs:

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Elect ... ibute.aspx

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... itar-ebony

The specs on the Epi SG prophecy, which i really liked but felt cheap (and had terrible neck dive): 24 frets, ebony board, speedtaper stain neck (supposedly slimmer than the 60s slim), dirty fingers pickups.

any thoughts would be helpful. not a huge fan of the Valk melty shape, but that blue with gold is gorgeous!
slowhand84
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:37 am IF i get another guitar, it's between the Valkyrie, or these SGs:

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Elect ... ibute.aspx

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... itar-ebony

The specs on the Epi SG prophecy, which i really liked but felt cheap (and had terrible neck dive): 24 frets, ebony board, speedtaper stain neck (supposedly slimmer than the 60s slim), dirty fingers pickups.

any thoughts would be helpful. not a huge fan of the Valk melty shape, but that blue with gold is gorgeous!
In my opinion just about every higher end Agile out there shreds the Epiphone stuff to pieces, and compares well with the sub-$2K Gibson stuff too. The Gibson tribute stuff is hit or miss, some of the guitars are fine but I've seen quite a few with QC issues that I wouldn't wanna deal with.

This Valkyrie Prestige model is basically Agile's version of a Gibson SG Supreme, and while I also don't love the melty shape I can pretty much guarantee the guitar (quality wise) to be a much better choice than any similar Epiphone...not to mention cheaper. Also - with this being at GC, you have a long time to check it out and return it for a full refund (minus shipping) if you don't vibe with it. They're offering 6 months to return stuff now due to Covid so if you wanna check it out you're basically only risking $20 and a trip to your local GC to return it if you don't love it :).
tony1852
Reactions:

ok. my wife gonna hate. calling the location when they open. i'll have it shipped to my local GC for a spin and go from there. see if i can negotiate a few $$$ off. it's the end of the month, and with all the COVID going on, they might just want to move a guitar!!

thanks everyone!
tony1852
Reactions:

now the only question is to keep the stock pickups or put in something like Dirty Fingers or Iommi? actually, i went to reverb and noticed that Tim (buddha) isn't there. is he on the board over here? how do i get in touch with him?
slowhand84
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 am ok. my wife gonna hate. calling the location when they open. i'll have it shipped to my local GC for a spin and go from there. see if i can negotiate a few $$$ off. it's the end of the month, and with all the COVID going on, they might just want to move a guitar!!

thanks everyone!
No worries, hope you get it and love it! I don't know if stores are doing shipping anywhere other than to your home right now due to the situation but I guess maybe it depends on whether your local GC has reopened or not. I doubt they'll negotiate on the price since it just popped up for sale a few days ago...their corporate policy doesn't really allow them to price drop it until it's been there a predetermined amount of time. Either way, still a nice grab at around $300 shipped. Let us know how it turns out!
tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 am now the only question is to keep the stock pickups or put in something like Dirty Fingers or Iommi? actually, i went to reverb and noticed that Tim (buddha) isn't there. is he on the board over here? how do i get in touch with him?
Yep Tim is here with us under his usual username, guess you can just send him a PM. The guy makes amazing pickups, I love the Sharkbite set!
Kirobhan
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:42 am

I have an older (pre-melted) valk and if that one is half as good as mine, please do not put Epi in the same sentence with it! :)

Valk2.jpg
I have the mirror image version of Mikey’s, original headstock with short horns. Plays and sounds great.

I also have a melted valk and honestly the melt looks much better in person and I prefer the ebony board. If GC still shipped to Hawaii I would have already have been getting dirty looks from the missus as I explained that another guitar was coming.
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

Well, it is not a tele... But I do not have many blue guitars... And I do not have any SG style guitars... Plus it has an ebony fretboard... It is also top of the line Agile at a good price... And this pandemic is really getting to me... And with all the forum drama of the past week I deserve a treat! Yup that's it, I deserve a treat!

NGD coming soon! Thanks Enablers!
chimi42
Reactions:

I've had the silverburst in my cart for three days. Just can't justify pulling the trigger with all the projects i have going on.
slowhand84
Reactions:

chimi42 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:48 pm I've had the silverburst in my cart for three days. Just can't justify pulling the trigger with all the projects i have going on.
It's all good, our old friend Buddha saved you the trouble and grabbed it :)
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

chimi42 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:48 pm I've had the silverburst in my cart for three days. Just can't justify pulling the trigger with all the projects i have going on.
Glad you posted after I bought the Valkyrie, 'cuz I have a ton of projects too...
tony1852
Reactions:

bought the valkyrie...can't wait to get it!
slowhand84
Reactions:

ILuvTeles wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:58 pm
Glad you posted after I bought the Valkyrie, 'cuz I have a ton of projects too...
tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:41 pm bought the valkyrie...can't wait to get it!
Wait so which one of you guys bought it haha?
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

tony1852 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 am now the only question is to keep the stock pickups or put in something like Dirty Fingers or Iommi? actually, i went to reverb and noticed that Tim (buddha) isn't there. is he on the board over here? how do i get in touch with him?
sorry, i had to enable vacation mode to catch up on orders. Everybody and their mom ordered pickups in April so i got crazy backed up.
tony1852
Reactions:

well, hopefully me! they charged my credit card after calling the store