Cracked Out Agile Sellers Pt 2

slowhand84
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:44 pm For everyone one of these “OMG look how much someone is asking for this .....” threads, there is someone who probably doesn’t know better and overpays. So they do it because it works, plain and simple. Maybe not right away but a guitar is “worth” whatever 2 parties agree on.
That last part is very true, but there has never been an Agile LP sold on Reverb or Ebay at anywhere near $1500 (nor should there be) so it certainly doesn't "work" lol. Most people before buying a used guitar will at least attempt to get an idea of what they typically sell for used, and it's easier than ever to find that information out with the internet.

Not saying getting a sucker is impossible, but it is certainly extremely unlikely which is why you see these listings remain up on Reverb for 2+ years every time.
mark_morton
Reactions:

Or maybe his wife forced him to sell and he jacked up the price so it won't sell?
slowhand84
Reactions:

mark_morton wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm Or maybe his wife forced him to sell and he jacked up the price so it won't sell? ImageImageImage
Yeah that's a thing too haha. "I have no idea why it's not selling honey, I took such nice outdoor photos!"
slowhand84
Reactions:

A new challenger has entered the crackhead arena!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Hand-Pa ... SwA2pfJLg9

UrenragK
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:44 pm For everyone one of these “OMG look how much someone is asking for this .....” threads, there is someone who probably doesn’t know better and overpays. So they do it because it works, plain and simple. Maybe not right away but a guitar is “worth” whatever 2 parties agree on.
100% - I know I paid a HEAVY price for my Washburn LA604, but it had to be THAT specific model and it was the only one I could find. I paid up knowing it was a huge sum for what it was.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

The facebook sales page for camera gear is full of chancers/people that don't know better selling stuff for fairy tale prices, but there are still people out there too lazy to do some research and figure out how much something is worth,
mozz
Reactions:

Gibson knobs on a strat, no.
AGF refugee