"The Beast"...Revisited

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

So I finally got around to Stress Testing..."The Beast"....

DUAL 10 Core Xeons (20 Cores, 40 Virtual Cores) loaded with 128GB RAM running under Windows 10 Pro.

I created a Pro Tools Session which I called "Insane"...

Load up 200 Tracks of AIR Music' "Hybrid" Synth....

See the attached pic for the CPU Load Balancing and Disk / RAM Performance Hit the system took.

Ridiculous...

200 FARKING TRACKS!

YOWZA! YOWZA!! YOWZA!!! :)
Attachments
Insane Performance.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
eicca
Reactions:

Niiiiiiiiice! I remember my glee back in April when I got a 2010 Mac Pro with dual 4-core 2.4ghz Xeons and 12GB RAM, and I could open every compressor and spectrum analyzer at once in Logic AND play Call of Duty 4 and it didn't even break a sweat. There's just something so sweet about a good studio computer.

My poor old MacBook Pro would buckle under the load of a single analyzer when the project got into the 20-track range.
-={Resident Boston Fanatic}=-
Agile AL-3200 satin black; Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop, signed by Boston, retired; The Amazing Mystery Kit Bass
1984 Rockman X100 Rev10; 1988 Rockman Sustainor 200; 1983 Yamaha PB-1
Custom built Stradivarius-model cello
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

eicca wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:44 pm Niiiiiiiiice! I remember my glee back in April when I got a 2010 Mac Pro with dual 4-core 2.4ghz Xeons and 12GB RAM, and I could open every compressor and spectrum analyzer at once in Logic AND play Call of Duty 4 and it didn't even break a sweat. There's just something so sweet about a good studio computer.

My poor old MacBook Pro would buckle under the load of a single analyzer when the project got into the 20-track range.
My 12 year old Dell T5500 bit the dust...that was a Dual Xeon with 6 cores each and 72GB RAM and held up really well until the Motherboard went south.

Only 3 years old, "The Beast" cost me $1,275. Original Dell NEW price was over $8K! :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com