I'm Sportin' An Audio WOODY!

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Check it out… LightWing Studios newly installed Black Lion Audio Revolution 2X2 recording interface...
it's MADE IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS !!!!

Windows 10 Pro, Presonus Studio One 5.2, Arturia KeyLab Essential 88, Mackie HR824 Monitors,
TWO LG 43” Televisions as 4K Monitors and a 7 foot wide Studio Desk I built with slide out keyboard tray.
PC: Dell 7910, DUAL 10 Core Xeons, 128GB RAM, NINE SSD’s (5 internal, 4 external), 4GB Video Card.

We’re Rockin’ 😁

https://www.blacklionaudio.com/store/in ... lution2x2/

Patrick
Attachments
LightWing Studios-1.jpg
BLA Revolution 2X2.png
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

So...you're ready for aural sex?
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Rollin Hand wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:46 am So...you're ready for aural sex?
Eargasms anyone? :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

That is nice and you have an impressive, future-proofed system! With that much power you could easily do a virtual orchestra movie score!

I also use Studio One 5.2 and love it. My I/O is a Focusrite Scarlett, which provides an easy high quality audio track. I am also happy with the low-latency.

However, I do have a noise problem in the playback when the output on the unit at any output volume. I am thinking it is an impedance mismatch with my crossover (my monitors are a pair of TOA-280ME and an AMI 10" tuned-sub cab, which cross over at 100Hz, into a Hafler SE240 and Crown D-150AII respectively). My current AMI crossover's input impedance is around 100K and I think this thing wants to see 10K. I am designing a new crossover + preamp with +4dB outputs, which I am going to try 10K input impedance to see if that helps.

Are you using any speaker management software? My system was fairly flat for a small room studio, but the additional calibration and management of Sonarworks Reference 4 made it as close to perfect as I need. I can hear lots of detail at low volume and at 58 years old, that is an accomplishment!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob