Studio One Tips for Noob?

aullucci
Reactions:

I got Studio One Artist with the Presonus audio interface I bought. I've used Garageband a bunch and, less extensively, Reaper. While I'm sure they're functionally similar, the layout and workflow kinda makes me feel like I'm starting from scratch. I've been going through the Presonus official guide videos and how-tos on the YT channel, but was wondering if anyone else had any other resources they liked for Studio One. Anybody know of any good under the radar resources for Studio One? Any tips from users here?

I've only had it for three days, and like I said I don't know how to use it yet, but WHOA. It's a killer program. I honestly only recorded myself to be sure I could record guitar. I've basically been playing with drum patterns. All weekend. And I came up with a gloriously dirty synth sound that I will, at some point, use to double track my guitar. But mostly drums.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
aullucci
Reactions:

andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

+1 for that recommendation. There is also 'Home Recording Made Easy'. That guy has been doing Studio One forever and has nice little practical snippets.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob