SX advanced order

notme
Reactions:

has Kurt done this before on the SX models? Seems a little odd for this brand that I would think sells pretty well for him.

https://www.rondomusic.com/product10107.html
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

notme wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 pm has Kurt done this before on the SX models? Seems a little odd for this brand that I would think sells pretty well for him.

https://www.rondomusic.com/product10107.html
He has THREE Callisto' on "Advanced Order" as well. Maybe he's short on cash?
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Partscaster
Reactions:

Uh-Oh!
Fingers twitching...
They're priced about 25% higher.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Domestic shipping rates just went up 30%

Ocean container rates just went up $1500

USMCA has passed. Say bye bye to cheap imports that keep Americans poor. There will be a transition period, but say hello to North American manufacturing again.
notme
Reactions:

If thats the case then why does monoprice still have the same prices. They just got a new batch of guitars in.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 pm Domestic shipping rates just went up 30%

USMCA has passed. Say bye bye to cheap imports that keep Americans poor. There will be a transition period, but say hello to North American manufacturing again.
Tell me about it. We're actually 25% LESS expensive making our products here. Wasn't always the case but we stuck with it. Pretty damn stupid raising rates/prices with over 45 Million people out of work, dwindling savings and unemployment benefits and in the middle of a global pandemic to top it all off. You can bet your last kopek when this is all over those prices/rates WILL NOT be coming DOWN.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

PsychoCid
Reactions:

notme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:13 am If thats the case then why does monoprice still have the same prices. They just got a new batch of guitars in.
If they just got a new batch in, it was shipped via ocean container a month ago before prices rose. And the quote was probably done another 30 days before that.
LightWingStudios wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:40 am
PsychoCid wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:11 pm Domestic shipping rates just went up 30%

Tell me about it. We're actually 25% LESS expensive making our products here. Wasn't always the case but we stuck with it. Pretty damn stupid raising rates/prices with over 45 Million people out of work, dwindling savings and unemployment benefits and in the middle of a global pandemic to top it all off. You can bet your last kopek when this is all over those prices/rates WILL NOT be coming DOWN.
Raising prices is what keeps us Americans working. Otherwise we'd have tons more layoffs.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I still think $169 for the Ursa 2 is a heck of a deal, and those aren't supposed to be here until September so I''d guess they will be subject to any shipping increases. I'd agree with [mention]PsychoCid[/mention] too, the Monoprice stuff that's for sale now on their site likely arrived here several weeks ago.

And on the subject of price incrases, i'm willing to pay more for goods that are made here in the US. If a side effect of all this mess is that more stuff starts getting made here, i'm all for it.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:05 am
notme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:13 am If thats the case then why does monoprice still have the same prices. They just got a new batch of guitars in.
If they just got a new batch in, it was shipped via ocean container a month ago before prices rose. And the quote was probably done another 30 days before that.

Raising prices is what keeps us Americans working. Otherwise we'd have tons more layoffs.
On shipping?

PsychoCid
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 pm

On shipping?
Shipping is what logistics companies do. We sell services, not products. You sell products. :)

We can exist because of you, and you can exist because of us. When you are successful and sell more product, we are successful and sell more service. We can only win together, but we can always lose apart.

To clarify though, it is not the forwarders or third parties who raised rates. Our margins are and have been razor thin for years. Its the CARRIERS, the asset owners (the people who own the truck or the steamship or the aircraft) who raise rates.

And that's just supply and demand. If you and I are both willing to pay $1.00 for the same truck, then all is even. But if I am willing to pay $1.30 and you are not, then I get the truck for the day.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:14 pm
LightWingStudios wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 pm

On shipping?
Shipping is what logistics companies do. We sell services, not products. You sell products. :)

We can exist because of you, and you can exist because of us. When you are successful and sell more product, we are successful and sell more service. We can only win together, but we can always lose apart.
I suspect the shipping container price increases are the result of Tariffs. So we pay anyway.

notme
Reactions:

I emailed Rondo about this
me; For what its worth, Ill buy a callisto std cherryburst or similar but i wont pay for advanced order.

reply; Understood - these days most items are selling out before they arrive (see the home page Covid-19 updates) so we will likely not have any in for you in 2020 based on your requirements.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

notme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 pm I emailed Rondo about this
me; For what its worth, Ill buy a callisto std cherryburst or similar but i wont pay for advanced order.

reply; Understood - these days most items are selling out before they arrive (see the home page Covid-19 updates) so we will likely not have any in for you in 2020 based on your requirements.
Seems like a fair answer. In times like this of supply shortages, costs will be higher and selection scarcer. We don’t have to like it, but we can’t ignore it either. Most others are in the same boat - i was checking out some of the newer Epi LPs and most are not available or “coming soon”.

Look at the prices some of the used agiles are going for as of late for goodness sakes.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
notme
Reactions:

But why the advance order? Surely he could bring in stock and they will sell, at those prices.
tobijohn
Reactions:

A lefty finally showed up. Can anyone who bought one of these from the initial batch a few months ago confirm that it's 2" at the edge as the specs claim? My other SX LPs are all 1 5/8" or 1 3/4" at the edge. TIA...

https://www.rondomusic.com/SX_CallistoS ... _Left.html
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Partscaster
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:16 pm A lefty finally showed up. Can anyone who bought one of these from the initial batch a few months ago confirm that it's 2" at the edge as the specs claim? My other SX LPs are all 1 5/8" or 1 3/4" at the edge. TIA...

I see its gone now. Sorry not have answered earlier. My laptop died, I was incommunicado for a bit.
Mine are 2" at cutaway, but closer to 1-7/8 at most edges.
Still, my favorite LP style guitar cause of light weight and tone.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
tobijohn
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm
I see its gone now. Sorry not have answered earlier. My laptop died, I was incommunicado for a bit.
Thanks for the response, it's still in stock but an advanced order. Originally four were available, down to three and I'll probably buy one once the quantity is down to either the last one or if they actually get here before that, see if a b-stock shows up...
notme
Reactions:

I see 5 models for advanced order on my screen...
tobijohn
Reactions:

notme wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:04 pm I see 5 models for advanced order on my screen...
Only one lefty though:

Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Partscaster wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm
tobijohn wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:16 pm A lefty finally showed up. Can anyone who bought one of these from the initial batch a few months ago confirm that it's 2" at the edge as the specs claim? My other SX LPs are all 1 5/8" or 1 3/4" at the edge. TIA...

Still loving mine. At $175, I thought it was too good to be true.
At $215, I still think it's a heck of a deal.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:50 pm
Still loving mine. At $175, I thought it was too good to be true.
At $215, I still think it's a heck of a deal.
Do you know if the specs are identical? Something rubs me the wrong way about about paying $40 more for the same thing...
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

He needs to put this out in a 6 String version with Dot Markers on the neck for $350...

https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Legacy ... Quilt.html
image.png
image.png

fullonshred
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:10 am He needs to put this out in a 6 String version with Dot Markers on the neck for $350...

https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Legacy ... Quilt.html

image.png

image.png
I love the style and the part of the top that is quilted is Beautiful. But the Edge Fade of the quilt (or any other top) kills it for me. Different strokes and all that, I know.
Partscaster
Reactions:

These look so good in real life. I love them with black plastics, no pick guard.Image

buy it while there are still others in stock, TBJ. In case it needs too much fret work, you could try another.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:13 pm These look so good in real life. I love them with black plastics, no pick guard.]
Black plastic would look good with that finish. I wonder if the control covers are the same size as an Agile? $20 for a blackout kit...