Any Peace Sells or Killing Is My Business era Megadeth fans?

idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Chris Poland
20240316_031911.jpg
toomanycats
Reactions:

Absolutely. I remember my band covering the song Peace Sells back in 1987 and the audience going nuts banging their heads and moshing.

What model Agile AL do you guys suppose Chris Poland is holding in that pic?

The photo is grainy, but it looks like single binding on the body and headstock, rosewood fretboard, and MOP inlays.

I want to say a 3010SE, but those had ebony fretboards and abalone inlays.

Is it an earlier model?

Wish I could see whether the horn is long or stubby and if the pickups look stock.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Rondo sells....and he's buyin'!

Always cool to see pro musicians with Agiles or SX stuff.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

I think the pointy horn were the old style headstock. I'm guessing it's a 2500 or 2800?

Got to see them a few times with that Chris/Gar lineup. Once with Maiden as I recall. Pretty sure I still have that Tour shirt.

I grabbed that image from a vid.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

That's cool. I'm a late comer to Megadeth, but once I gave them a listen I was all in.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

I met Dave and the band about a year ago when they came to VA.
I made Dave and Kiko both humbuckers for fun, hoping they might use it in a personal guitar at home but I doubt they ever did. Dave was a grumpy dude but the rest of the band was awesome.
I had to be brief obviously but I thought the Mustainiac Humbucker 18 was an awesome name for a humbucker.
Screenshot_20220909-203323_Facebook.jpg