sx hawk mahogany p90

artandsoul
Reactions:
Gearlist: sx callisto cus ds tobacco quilt, A2 probuckers.
sx hawk car p90 all stock.
agile al3200 purple black quilt, all stock.
jet city 50w 6l6 warren hanes mod
jet city 100w ltd el34 warren hanes mod
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"
412 eminence swamp thang 600watts in egnater cabinet

Forgot how nice the sx hawk p90 really is for stupid cheap 185 all in. Bought the package so u get the 10w amp at lower price than without. Dont see how he can sell a guitar with amp for 20.00 cheaper than guitar alone. I bought one of these few years back and sold it but figure why not get another one while they still exist.
Edge frets were a little sharp as usual but after few minutes its smooth and didnt need setup which is nice.
Ill be selling the little amp for 30bux locally so end up having 155.00 in it.. I just dont see how a guitar this nice is still sold so dam cheap, its so much nicer than a squier bullet for 199.00. Ill say the pick guard is meh but its better than white and has that country western look. Shows 3 in stock buy one and fullfill your inner gas :lol: :evil:
20240321_135650_HDR.jpg
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
dabbler
Reactions:

Congrats! I have one too, and one of the things I think SX does really well is P90s!
Partscaster
Reactions:

I bought one some months ago. See below. Love it. Amazing finish.
That extra little amp with 20$ reduction just makes sense.
IMG_0823.jpg
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
artandsoul
Reactions:
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"

Yeah the stock p90s are pretty good no bad feedback with them on 100w tube head. Nice gritty sound with fuzz pedals , it is more ballsy than the sx callisto stock . This one weighs almost 8 lbs and near 1lb heavier than my sx callisto , the strat weighs more than the lp for a change lol.
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
artandsoul
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:56 pm I bought one some months ago. See below. Love it. Amazing finish.
That extra little amp with 20$ reduction just makes sense.

IMG_0823.jpg
I like that pickguard its psychedelic 60s for sure, I went and looked up u post I see you did have to route it out middle spot as i was wondering, Its so dam thin there when I did triple p90 mods on sx or squiers the p90 screws stuck out the rear in the trem cavity but it worked. I also like p90 humbucker in middle position in hhh like youres, I also have done h bridge and p90 middle and p90 neck its nice sounding in strat bodys.
I think im gonna leave this one stock for once, If I can resist not putting chrome covers and knobs on it. So easy to want to mod it mod it mod it lol
notme
Reactions:

They do look great, punching above their pricepoint.
Do these have any sss sounds at all, the strat tone? Im guessing a hint of it...
Also you know if Hadean is on the way out as well?
artandsoul
Reactions:

notme wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:54 pm They do look great, punching above their pricepoint.
Do these have any sss sounds at all, the strat tone? Im guessing a hint of it...
Also you know if Hadean is on the way out as well?
The p90s more like a ballsy single coil sound , not as bright and snappy but brighter than some humbuckers. P90 are known to be a more gritty, beefier or a thick sounding single coil . you can always snatch out the p90 stock pick guard and sell it for 85 shipped on ebay and replace with single coils. The sx body and neck is really nice for the price hard to beat a mahogany body and maple neck.
Rondo didnt say anything about the hadean line just most of the sx line and agile al3100 line so far. End of agile lps is probably coming to an end this year unless the 3200 series goes up 100.00 and stays around.
glasshand
Reactions:

artandsoul wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:16 pm you can always snatch out the p90 stock pick guard and sell it for 85 shipped on ebay and replace with single coils.
Unless the tremolo version is very different from the hardtail version (and I don't think it is) single coils are not going to be a drop-in replacement...the routing of the body is very specific to the two P90s. It surprised me, I was expecting a swimming pool rout.