New Liquid

doc-knapp
Reactions:

I've been good for a long time, but I finally got some GAS and purchased a lefty B stock Sx Liquid 3P90 guitar. Here's the first song I recorded straight out of the box. Here's my review: I love it!!! Best $140 I've spent in a while, not including tax and shipping. It had a little scratch on the back, which was barely visible unless pointed out. That was the only blemish. I adore the Sx P90's. They have a unique sound, and they hold their own against any other P90. The neck was superb. I don't mean for a cheap Chinese guitar. I mean for anything under $2000, this neck was outstanding. 50's style thick maple, perfect frets, nothing high, no leveling needed, no polishing needed. Absolutely shocking on a guitar at that price point. So where are the negatives? A very cheap plastic nut, very clunky tuners, and crappy pots that only work from 0-3. I plan on replacing the nut, tuners, pots, and shield it. After that, there's no way I'm getting rid of this little gem. She plays like a dream. Oh, it did come with a gig bag that fell apart in two seconds.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Nice. I agree, I think the Liquid is an unmatched value.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats on the new guitar. I had one of those back in the day.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
doc-knapp
Reactions:

I think it'd the last great bargain from Rondo. This guitar punches way above it's price point, and with just a little work it'll be an absolute keeper.
dabbler
Reactions:

Congrats! I agree:
IMG_20200601_112224.jpg
jtcnj
Reactions:

HNGD!
I had the same one in righty.
Of the 3 SX guitars I had, this the best in overall quality. Great guitar in general. Same short comings you stated, typical for the price point.
I miss it sometimes but had to let it go as a herd management decision.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.