Harm varieties?

Buddy
Reactions:

Can anyone tell me the differences between a Harm (one?) and a Harm 3? Is there such a thing as a Harm 2?
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Good question. I have 2 Harm 1s, but have never seen such a thing as a Harm 2.

Edit: A Harm 3 appears to have 3 pickups, by which logic a Harm 1 with 2 pickups makes no sense.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

The Harm is it's own thing, all the other Agile offerings back in the day were just copies of other guitars. I can't speak to the guitars they offer today with a bunch of strings, they be one offs I just don't know. I liked my Harm a lot but upon being wronged by the proprietor I will no longer own any of their products.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

Will one of the old timers please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a vague recollection of a story about the Harm as it relates to the original Agile Guitar Forum.

As best as I can remember it, before the original AGF existed there was a contingent of Rondo and Agile aficionados at Harmony Central. During development of the Agile model that came to be known as the Harm it was input from these members that lended the guitar its name.

After this there was some sort of big fracas at Harmony Central, which inspired some members to leave and found a forum devoted to fans of Agile, otherwise known as the Agile Guitar Forum. This forum was in turn abandoned, for reasons too painful to revisit, and now we are here.

Is any or all of this lore correct, or am I just confusing things in my own junior "old timer" mind with the premise of the television series Space: 1999? As the years go by all these exodus narratives are starting to get jumbled together in my brain (or maybe they already were intermixed, as in the Joseph Campbell thing).
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
solteroblues
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:13 am Will one of the old timers please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a vague recollection of a story about the Harm as it relates to the original Agile Guitar Forum.

As best as I can remember it, before the original AGF existed there was a contingent of Rondo and Agile aficionados at Harmony Central. During development of the Agile model that came to be known as the Harm, the input from these members is what lended the guitar its namesake.

After this there was some sort of big fracas at Harmony Central, which inspired some members to leave and found a forum devoted to fans of Agile, otherwise known as the Agile Guitar Forum. This forum was in turn abandoned, for reasons too painful to revisit, and now we are here.

Is any or all of this lore correct, or am I just confusing things in my own junior "old timer" mind with the premise of the television series Space: 1999? As the years go by all these exodus narratives are starting to get jumbled together in my brain (or maybe they already were intermixed, as in the Joseph Campbell thing).
I've been around for a long time, but not that long... but I do remember hearing this story, so I'd say it's either true, or at least a popular rumor... not just something you made up!
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Agile Harm 1 was the first released, semi-hollow with Rickenbacker appointments, but better IMHO. They came with two P-90's,a three-position blade pickup selector (like a Telecaster), two volumes and a master tone control.

I believe the next production variant was Harm 1T, same as the Harm 1, excpt this one had an Agile mini-humbucker that looked like a single coil Toaster type pickup.

The Harm 3 & Harm 3T were the same as their Harm 1 counterparts, except three pickups and a five-way blade pickup selector.

I am pretty certain that there were limited runs of the Harm 1 and Harm 3's available in 12 strings, but don't remember what name they were called.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
dabbler
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:13 am Will one of the old timers please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a vague recollection of a story about the Harm as it relates to the original Agile Guitar Forum.

As best as I can remember it, before the original AGF existed there was a contingent of Rondo and Agile aficionados at Harmony Central. During development of the Agile model that came to be known as the Harm it was input from these members that lended the guitar its name.

Yeah, that's basically the story I remember too.

But there is another chapter in that rondo eventually issued a Douglas version of the Harm called the Ceit. I have a Harm 1, a Ceti P90 and a Ceti HUM (2 humbuckers).
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I do remember the name being Harm after Harmony Central. Sounds like the right story to me.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

Having been around here a while, I've still not been here long enough to remember the Harmony Central connection, but I do remember being told about it.
Mine is my all time favorite Rondo guitar.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Buddy
Reactions:

Yep. Story checks out.
Screenshot_20230724-183755.png
I'm too new to know anything about any discord on the HC board, but it was designed and developed there.
If I was a guitar I would have to be a polygamist.
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

I'd live to see the solid body with 3 single coils again
Screenshot_20230728-203416_Brave.jpg
tonebender
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:18 pm Having been around here a while, I've still not been here long enough to remember the Harmony Central connection, but I do remember being told about it.
Mine is my all time favorite Rondo guitar.
@mickey , I would have to say mine was also my favorite Agile. I think I liked it the most because it was not a copy of another brand.