Agile: 1, Picture Frame: 0 (or, Don’t Try This With Your Gibson)

Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

I returned home from being out and was promptly informed that the cat had a confession for me.

Turns out she was acting a fool and jumped onto the mantle sending a framed picture (and ultimately herself) hurtling to the floor. Standing in the path of the pic was my Agile AL-3100MCC.

Per my fiancée, the frame impacted first on the headstock of the Agile. She thought it had taken a divot out of the headstock, but that was actually from my two prior cats pulling some similar BS years ago and giving my guitar the Pete Townshend treatment.

The guitar shows no evidence that I can find of any damage. The picture frame on the other hand…ouch!

Chalk it up to Agile durability! I quickly checked my Gibsons to make sure they hadn’t spontaneously decapitated just from being in the house at the time. 🤣
The scene of the crime. I should know better than to leave so much gear in the living room.
The scene of the crime. I should know better than to leave so much gear in the living room.
“Look what you did!!”
“Look what you did!!”
“And I’d do it again.”
“And I’d do it again.”
The damage to the picture frame!
The damage to the picture frame!
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Good thing your Agile isn’t “authentic “.
😂
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Gotta have at least one living room guitar. My current living room guitar count is 7. Asking for trouble.
solteroblues
Reactions:

(another) very good reason to not have a cat LOL
glasshand
Reactions:

My cats have never managed to damage a guitar...but there's a reason that all the glassware is stored in closed cabinets now! Glad to see that the Agile remained undamaged!
bc rich
Reactions:

If the earth was really flat cats would have knocked everything over the edge by now . Definitive proof right thaya.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Back in the day I purchased myself a Vox Pathfinder. Great little practice amp even if they are SS. I had it sitting up on a upside down milk crate in my living room. My cat jumped up on it and was perched there for awhile. I thought nothing of it when I saw him sitting there. The issue was when he decided to depart he pushed off in a hurry and toppled the amp over onto the floor. I had a cable plugged in the jack and it landed just so the cable sticking up caused the board on the inside to break away from quite a few connection points. I had only had the amp about a week. That is when I learned out to fix a circuit board. I had nothing to lose so I took it apart, assessed the part or two I needed and made the repairs. That was my only foray into circuit repair.

Glad your guitar is okay and the neck is stable.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole