Agile AL 3k With no inlays, no binding?

AL3100
Reactions:

I am looking at a AL 3k series (indicated by truss rod cover) that has no binding at all, and no inlays. Did Kurt offer custom orders like that? The lack of binding isnt as concerning because I noticed there are no inlays.

I am guessing no normal model was ever offered without inlays?

I emailed Kurt to see what he says.
Can't remember my username for the previous site but I had many posts :/ Currently back into playing and collecting Agile AL's again.
mickey
Reactions:

I have no direct knowledge just a vague memory that someone on AGF at the time ordered a custom like that.
Gandalf the Intonationer
mighty_duck
Reactions:

I can't recall such a stock model (though Kurt will occasionally offer a batch with unusual features).
If I had to guess, it's a custom or a semi-custom.
But Kurt usually responds - and if you give him a serial number he'll be able to track it down.
AL3100
Reactions:

I emailed asking for the serial. I can see it in the picture just not very clear. It is definitely the normal rondo serial though. from the grainy picture it looks like A2xxxx or something.
Can't remember my username for the previous site but I had many posts :/ Currently back into playing and collecting Agile AL's again.
mickey
Reactions:

I have a Harm1 custom (I'm the third owner) and its serial number begins with CS1.......
I cannot say that is normal or abnormal for Agile customs (not having seen another Agile custom in person) but I took it to mean Custom Shop.....
Gandalf the Intonationer
AL3100
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:24 pm I have a Harm1 custom (I'm the third owner) and its serial number begins with CS1.......
I cannot say that is normal or abnormal for Agile customs (not having seen another Agile custom in person) but I took it to mean Custom Shop.....
The serial picture is so grainy I may actually be reading it wrong honestly.
honyock
Reactions:

Could also be black binding on the neck.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Houblues
Reactions:

I believe eliminating the binding was an option, as I was looking at ordering one that way. I can't comment on the inlays.
AL3100
Reactions:

Kurt got back to me.

There was a limited run of black 3110's with no binding at all, no inlays, and black nickel hardware.

Only made in one run with very limited numbers in 2012.

He sent along the original product link for anyone in the future seeing this: https://www.rondomusic.com/al-3110bkbn.html

I will have it soon in hand. I couldn't pass it up especially for the price. Once I confirmed it was in fact a authentic offering and not some truss rod cover swap.

Ill update with pictures once it arrives.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Now all you need is a single layer black pickguard!
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

Who was the old time AGF member that had a whole arsenal of entirely black guitars?
mickey
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:05 pm Who was the old time AGF member that had a whole arsenal of entirely black guitars?
Ouch! Ya got me there bud! I remember the guy but can't come up with the name.........yet! :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
AL3100
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:26 pm Now all you need is a single layer black pickguard!
If I could find one. I know Kurt offers the multi layer. I may have to make on if I want one?
RiverDog
Reactions:

I had one of those for a short time that I bought used from GC maybe 2 1/2 or 3 years ago. It was pretty nice but I ended up selling it because it weighed a ton.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
tobijohn
Reactions:

AL3100 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:01 pm
Lacking Talent wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:26 pm Now all you need is a single layer black pickguard!
If I could find one. I know Kurt offers the multi layer. I may have to make on if I want one?
WD Music offers a few different single ply pickguards in black for $18. The one that fits the Epiphone should work on the Agile. At least they have in the past for me:

https://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards-epip ... l+Standard
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
dabbler
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:05 pm Who was the old time AGF member that had a whole arsenal of entirely black guitars?
Not quite an arsenal, but I have a few:
IMGP6117a - Edited.jpg
AL3100
Reactions:

It showed up plenty more damaged than the pictures the store had online. Shipping box was pristine. I don't know what type of sham operation that store was trying to play. It went back.