Agile triple humbucker "Black Beauty" sighted...

glasshand
Reactions:

This is at a local shop. I'm pretty sure it is not 1980s, but the combination of open book headstock and stubby horn should help date it. That price seems pretty high to me, but then it is a rare-ish model, so...?

https://orphanguitars.com/products/80s- ... -humbucker

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

That’s definitely an AL I’ve never seen before. Price is high but you never know who might bite.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
bc rich
Reactions:

Kind of pricey but where else do you scratch that triple humbucker Agile itch . They have an interesting inventory , kind of hipsterish.
toomanycats
Reactions:

A few thoughts:

Anybody else feel like a "Black Beauty" has to have block inlays and an inlay on the first fret? Likewise, a "Black Beauty" has got to be bound on the back. This one isn't.

Does that fretboard look more like rosewood than mahogany? There seems to be too much red in it.

The assertion that it's an "80s Agile" is flat out wrong. We all know that here.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Longblacktie
Reactions:

Cool guitar! Rondo had them for many years, I don’t think they sold very well
dabbler
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:52 am A few thoughts:

Anybody else feel like a "Black Beauty" has to have block inlays and an inlay on the first fret? Likewise, a "Black Beauty" has got to be bound on the back. This one isn't.

Does that fretboard look more like rosewood than mahogany? There seems to be too much red in it.

The assertion that it's an "80s Agile" is flat out wrong. We all know that here.
Yeah, Agile did get a little closer later. Here's mine (second from lower right corner):
IMGP6117a - Edited.jpg
mindwave
Reactions:
Gearlist: LOTS

I first visited the store in 97, he Kurt said he didn't get enough requests for triples to buynin the bulk he would have to in order to make the price right.

For those of you not playing back then what made aholes so freaking popular in was the awesome quality AND the $199 price tag.

Only 2:other distributors were in the ballpark. Atomic which only had three colors, and Jay Turser. And while I've never gotten a less than perfect JT apparently the additional $30 they cost really aggregated a lot of folks and sent them to Kurt. When he came out w. The triple 2500 a few years later I was all over it.
mindwave
Reactions:
Gearlist: LOTS

Btw 2nd line should be "what made aholes so freaking...."
Mr. Leyvatone
Reactions:
Gearlist: 5 Agiles, 5 SX, assorted other guitars and gear.

High price and definitely off on the production year.

But otherwise the description is witty and articulate, so it’s probably not a meth head selling a stolen guitar. I might pay $800 for those factors alone. lol