Rondo has stock...

andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Is it me, or did their lower range prices jump?

I recall in the past year the SX Ash Tele being in the $129 neighborhood.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
ID10t
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:03 pm Is it me, or did their lower range prices jump?

I think it is not only inflation and what the market will bear but also some weird financial principle about less expensive is a bargain but cheap (ly priced) is cheap (ly made.) You have to increase the cost so that it isn't the lowest tier so that people won't think it is the lowest tier.

I know enough about finance and psychology to convince people I am truly an idiot. One day I intend to write a book about calorie econimics, we exchange goods and services for food and shelter when you boil it down to it's purest form. I might make enough calories to buy a set of guitar strings, but not bass strings, good golly those are expensive. :D
Mossman
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:03 pm Is it me, or did their lower range prices jump?

The Ash Furrian hasn't been that price for some time. They were $129 when I first moved to California about 6 years ago... Then it disappeared for a while, and when it came back again, it was $179, and now it's $229. Over the past 6 years years or so, it's been unavailable more than it's been available, and it seems like every time it comes back, the price jumps appreciably. There may have been some other incremental price increases in between, but those are the price points I've noticed.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
honyock
Reactions:

Mossman wrote:

The Ash Furrian hasn't been that price for some time. They were $129 when I first moved to California about 6 years ago... Then it disappeared for a while, and when it came back again, it was $179, and now it's $229. Over the past 6 years years or so, it's been unavailable more than it's been available, and it seems like every time it comes back, the price jumps appreciably. There may have been some other incremental price increases in between, but those are the price points I've noticed.
I remember when the Constellation series came out and everyone was talking about how expensive they were for an SX. My Leo strat was a sale price one, and it had become my favorite SX.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Mossman
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:43 pm I remember when the Constellation series came out and everyone was talking about how expensive they were for an SX. My Leo strat was a sale price one, and it had become my favorite SX.

When did the Constellation series come out? I don't think I remember that. In the early years, I was all about Agiles, and I only paid cursory attention to the SX offerings (I hadn't become a Tele fanatic yet, and I had a misguided distaste for Strats), so I may have missed it.

Or maybe they came out when I was away from the forum for a few years?

BANNED BY MOMO
honyock
Reactions:

Mossman wrote:
honyock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:43 pm I remember when the Constellation series came out and everyone was talking about how expensive they were for an SX. My Leo strat was a sale price one, and it had become my favorite SX.

When did the Constellation series come out? I don't think I remember that. In the early years, I was all about Agiles, and I only paid cursory attention to the SX offerings (I hadn't become a Tele fanatic yet, and I had a misguided distaste for Strats), so I may have missed it.

Or maybe they came out when I was away from the forum for a few years?
Not sure off top of my head, but the Leo and Taurus were the strat and Tele respectively. There were also bases that I can't remember the name.

Edit: mine was bought in October '13...wholly moly time flies.

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Mossman
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 pm Not sure off top of my head, but the Leo and Taurus were the strat and Tele respectively.

There were also bases that I can't remember the name.

Ok, I wasn't aware those guitars were part of a named series... I just happened to notice that Kurt had developed a penchant for astronomical nomenclature. The basses lost their alpha-numeric designations and got the name "Ursa" (Ursa-1 for P-bass, Ursa-2 for Jazz Bass, Ursa-4 for Jaguar... I don't remember what Ursa-3 was). There was another bass called "Andromeda" too.

BANNED BY MOMO
honyock
Reactions:

Mossman wrote:
honyock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 pm Not sure off top of my head, but the Leo and Taurus were the strat and Tele respectively.

There were also bases that I can't remember the name.

Ok, I wasn't aware those guitars were part of a named series... I just happened to notice that Kurt had developed a penchant for astronomical nomenclature. The basses lost their alpha-numeric designations and got the name "Ursa" (Ursa-1 for P-bass, Ursa-2 for Jazz Bass, Ursa-4 for Jaguar... I don't remember what Ursa-3 was). There was another bass called "Andromeda" too.
The Andromeda was it, they were all 1 piece swamp ash bodies with 1 piece maple necks (heel truss rods).

Really amazing for $180 guitars (mine was $125)