Agile with Fishman Fluence Pups...

dabbler
Reactions:

https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_AL-320 ... B_FLU.html

I know nothing about Fishman Fluence pickups, but this actually looks like a decent deal!

What think ye?
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

That is a great deal. I love the two guitars I put them in. I'd take them any day over EMG's. They have all the power and clarity of EMG but much more open and interesting tone like passives. They're also very flexible, functionally, but I'd imagine you might need to do that wiring yourself on this Agile. I have 3 different DPDT pots on one of my Schecters: one controls coil tap on both pups, one controls voice 1 or 2 on both pups, and one controls high freq-roll off. The other guitar didn't have room, so only 2 DPDT's were installed without the Hi Freq roll-off option.

Lots of wires, but worth the work. This is a VERY tempting guitar for me as I'd like an LP style with Fishman Fluences, although I thought about one of the other lines of pups other than modern since I have 2 sets of those already. The finish just doesn't excite me, but that's also Rondo's site.
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
Don Tonberry
Reactions:

I love my Fishman equipped guitars. I do think the modern set is a better version of the EMG 81/85 combo. However, I think the Classic set may have been a better fit for the Agile. The moderns may be a bit too aggressive for most buyers but I'm glad that this is available
dabbler
Reactions:

I'm not a customer for Fishman moderns, I don't need the heat. But SOMEbody please buy one of these and report back! I'm a little disappointed that the pups in the picture don't match what the description says. I mean not only do those not look like Moderns, but don't all Fluences have like an "S" shaped logo on them?

Anyways, again at THIS price, I'm still very curious!
golem
Reactions:

I haven't had that set of fishmans. I think I had their ones that were supposed to be like PAFs. They're good. Maybe not the best pickups I've ever tried, but good.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

So it also appears that all the stock photos are actually of a 3200 while it’s listed as a 3100. Check the back photos.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tobijohn
Reactions:

Jeepers, what the hell got into Kurt? While I had suggested to him in an email a little while ago that he might want to consider something other than G&Bs for the AL3100MCC/3200MCCs, I was thinking along the lines of GIovannis or Toneriders...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
manodano
Reactions:
Gearlist: Guitars and Amps, lots of 'em

Did anyone also notice that the pictures are of two different guitars? Which one do I get?
I'm bitter about the unnecessary loss of the original AGF. I appreciate the man or men that are making this site work. The warm vibe and high level of discourse is what make this community different from those other dog-butt sites out there.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

manodano wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:37 pm Did anyone also notice that the pictures are of two different guitars? Which one do I get?
Yep, just posted above along the same lines. The product description is for a 3100 ("one piece mahogany set neck"). The listing title shows 3100MCC as well. However, the URL for the product show 3200, and it's clear that all the photos are of a 3200 - even from the front you can see the little curve on the bass side.

So not only do you not know what model you might be getting, but possibly which pickups too.

Having said that, if it is indeed a 3200 with fishman pickups, $535 is a decent price.

Whatever "it" is though, he's showing 2 in stock so it can't be a one-off.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
dabbler
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:44 pm ...
But it could be a test run.
tobijohn
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:44 pm ...Having said that, if it is indeed a 3200 with fishman pickups, $535 is a decent price.

If that is, in fact, an AD-3200MCC, based on the current price, you're getting the Fishmans for free (even if they're "licensed" Asian versions if such a thing exists)....
RockYoWorld
Reactions:

Also... The "More Details" section state:
Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups create that warm, traditional sound (humbucker pickups help reduce hum and noise and offer superior performance by giving a thicker fuller sound than single coils; humbuckers also create a much larger magnetic field, which helps eliminate dead spots and increases overall power of the pickup)
Which is par for the course on Rondo's site...
If I had something witty to say, I'd put it here.
tobijohn
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 pm Jeepers, what the hell got into Kurt? While I had suggested to him in an email a little while ago that he might want to consider something other than G&Bs for the AL3100MCC/3200MCCs, I was thinking along the lines of GIovannis or Toneriders...
From the creator:

"the Fluence pickups were really not a result of your pickup comments but just our ability to get those pickups and it was a big custom order request when the custom shop was open so we are putting a few different models to see how they do. We will be putting a slightly upgraded pickup on all the AD and AL 3200s this next shipment based on comments I have been getting. Price difference should be minimal.

Kurt"

I've already replied asking what brand pickups will be in te next batches of AD/AL-3200MCCs although I did forget to ask if this is an AL-3100MCC or AL-3200MCC...
rrobbone
Reactions:

Dearest Kurt,

If that is indeed an AL 3200 with Fishmans as advertised, and you keep stocking them at this price - I guarantee you I will buy one before the year is out.

Warmest regards,

rrobbone

P.S. I really like the blue.
"What is this place? Where am I?"
tobijohn
Reactions:

rrobbone wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 pm Dearest Kurt,

If that is indeed an AL 3200 with Fishmans as advertised, and you keep stocking them at this price - I guarantee you I will buy one before the year is out.

Warmest regards,

rrobbone

I just emailed him for clarification but even if it's a 3100MCC, it's a great deal...
tobijohn
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 pm
rrobbone wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 pm Dearest Kurt,

Warmest regards,

rrobbone

I had just emailed him for clarification but then subsequently noticed that the listing had been updated. Even if it was a 3100MCC, it's a great deal...
tony1852
Reactions:

https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_AL-320 ... 10527.html

Listing is clearly showing pictures and specs for 3200MCC...does anyone know if these are Fishman 'Classics' like the page says, or the Modern??? I guess I could send an email to Kurt if no one knows for sure. I'm a metal guy, so the Moderns would probably force my hand. Have to many CSB guitars, but I guess those are the breaks...