Question for Liquid owners

RiverDog
Reactions:

I don't have one but am interested in buying. Anyone who's had their pickguard off, is the body routed under the treble side of the PG? I'm not crazy about the switch placement and if I get one, would want to relocated the switch per the pic below. I'd obviously have to get a new PG made, but I plan on it anyway because I'd prefer to remove the middle pickup (and install 2 goldfoils).

Screenshot_20200628-150445_Reverb.jpg
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
ID10t
Reactions:

RiverDog wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm I don't have one but am interested in buying. Anyone who's had their pickguard off, is the body routed under the treble side of the PG? I'm not crazy about the switch placement and if I get one, would want to relocated the switch per the pic below. I'd obviously have to get a new PG made, but I plan on it anyway because I'd prefer to remove the middle pickup (and install 2 goldfoils).

Well you asked that at the right time. Was gonna change strings a tune it up today so I pulled the pick guard off and much to my surprise it is NOT routed under the treble side.
To each their own, I much prefer the switch where it is (on mine and the one pictured.) I also thought I would want to do something with the middle pickup, but it isn't in my way. I wrestle my Strat's middle pickup but not this one and I think it is the TOM vs the floating trem.
Anyway. No route on the treble side of mine. Wouldn't be difficult to drill into it and make one, especially covered with a new pick guard.
RiverDog
Reactions:

ID10t wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm
RiverDog wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:11 pm I don't have one but am interested in buying. Anyone who's had their pickguard off, is the body routed under the treble side of the PG? I'm not crazy about the switch placement and if I get one, would want to relocated the switch per the pic below. I'd obviously have to get a new PG made, but I plan on it anyway because I'd prefer to remove the middle pickup (and install 2 goldfoils).

Well you asked that at the right time. Was gonna change strings a tune it up today so I pulled the pick guard off and much to my surprise it is NOT routed under the treble side.
To each their own, I much prefer the switch where it is (on mine and the one pictured.) I also thought I would want to do something with the middle pickup, but it isn't in my way. I wrestle my Strat's middle pickup but not this one and I think it is the TOM vs the floating trem.
Anyway. No route on the treble side of mine. Wouldn't be difficult to drill into it and make one, especially covered with a new pick guard.
Thanks for checking on that and for the quick response! Maybe I could put it down by the other controls. Or maybe I'll receive the guitar and end up not caring about the switch placement.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
peskypesky
Reactions:

Banned by Momo
ID10t
Reactions:

RiverDog wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:57 pm
ID10t wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks for checking on that and for the quick response! Maybe I could put it down by the other controls. Or maybe I'll receive the guitar and end up not caring about the switch placement.
An opportunity to actually contribute something here, are you kidding, I always feel like the freshman here (it's me not the people here). I was gonna snap a pic but really it would turn into far too much. I think you're just gonna have to get one and see. There isn't a lot of real estate. Looking at it I am not a huge fan of where the output Jack is so putting the switch there might help, but then you are drilling for another output.
Make sure you have your fret level skills up. I am gonna do a level, at al, on Tuesday. Somebody was drinking. Absolutely expected it. I have two more guitars on my list, yea I know, and then I might just get another liquid. I do like this one.
The VWH listed has your switch in the right place and I think a few weeks ago there was LPB with the switch where you want it.
honyock
Reactions:

here is my old SJMImage
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
RiverDog
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:10 pm get this one:

https://www.rondomusic.com/SX_Liquid_MN ... 0_VWH.html
How about that? I didn't even notice that when I was on the site earlier. I prefer the LPB but I could live with white. Thanks PP!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Don’t forget that shippjng is significantly cheaper on his Reverb shop too.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
peskypesky
Reactions:

RiverDog wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

How about that? I didn't even notice that when I was on the site earlier. I prefer the LPB but I could live with white. Thanks PP!
you know, on further thought, one can't always trust the photos on the Rondo website to accurately depict the guitar you will receive. You might order this white one and find out the pickup selecter is somewhere else. I would check with Kurt first.
Banned by Momo
RiverDog
Reactions:

peskypesky wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm
RiverDog wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

you know, on further thought, one can't always trust the photos on the Rondo website to accurately depict the guitar you will receive. You might order this white one and find out the pickup selecter is somewhere else. I would check with Kurt first.
Good call. Thanks dude.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
jam
Reactions:

They were all like the white one. They've moved the selector on the new versions.
fatjack
Reactions:

Mine is the old style 2 pup, not what you asked about. But it has a switchcraft style switch not the t type on the lower bout. It must be a recent switch.