Tobacco Lefty AL-3200MCC

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Wondering if anyone here is connected to this ebay lefty AL-3200MCC...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-AL-3200M ... ition=3000

Otherwise I will just watch, and if it doesn't go too high, will bid.

Bueller? Bueller?
honyock
Reactions:

Not mine, happy hunting
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Well with about 5 hours to go on the auction, it is at $270 + $65.15 shipping. Normally I would consider a 3200 MCC worth well more than that, but not this one for me. It is a charity auctioning it, and there is nothing stating it plays well, has no fret buzzing, neck straight, everything working, etc. It just says scuffs and scratches, so I'm going to pass now. Probably it will go between $300 and $400.
fatjack
Reactions:

It was 90 shipping for me I quit at 215.
tobijohn
Reactions:

I've been watching but I've already got the exact same one. I'm currently distracted by this demo Les Paul Classic at Sweetwater. Something about red guitars plus it's a plain top and my inane rationalization has me thinking that it would also go well with my Radiant Red LP Studio:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... CLSTRNHLd1

I've already got a Traditional with Burstbuckers as well as an Agile 3010SE with a set plus between new tires, rims and brakes/rotors last week and now a water pump and distributor, the Corvette is going to cost me around $3K (I should have just left it buried under guitar cartons like it had been for the last four years)....
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
fatjack
Reactions:

It sold for 300 plus shipping. not a bad covid shortage price but more than I can justify.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Yup, after ebay adds sales tax, it would have been near $400 for me. If the seller said it plays and works perfectly, then I might have gone for it, but short of that it might only be a wall hanger and if so, still match the seller's description.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:59 pm I've been watching but I've already got the exact same one. I'm currently distracted by this demo Les Paul Classic at Sweetwater. Something about red guitars plus it's a plain top and my inane rationalization has me thinking that it would also go well with my Radiant Red LP Studio:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... CLSTRNHLd1

I've already got a Traditional with Burstbuckers as well as an Agile 3010SE with a set plus between new tires, rims and brakes/rotors last week and now a water pump and distributor, the Corvette is going to cost me around $3K (I should have just left it buried under guitar cartons like it had been for the last four years)....
That is one VERY red Les Paul. It looks nice with the zebras and cream. I think you need to buy that. Helpful hint maybe - my Corvette isn't costing me anything right now because I haven't been driving it. But when I decide to... yeah.
tobijohn
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 pm
That is one VERY red Les Paul. It looks nice with the zebras and cream. I think you need to buy that. Helpful hint maybe - my Corvette isn't costing me anything right now because I haven't been driving it. But when I decide to... yeah.
Fortunately, someone bought the $1800 demo which is a good thing as the total bill for the Vette ended up being just about $5K (tires, rims, battery, brake pads/rotors/caliper rebuilds/water pump, distributor, fuel pump, some ignition components and a few other odds and ends). It's a 1996 LT4 and that's what happens when you let old cars sit too long. The last time it was out of the garage was probably four years ago. The other problem with old cars is that unless you're a DIYer (I used to be), they are expensive to maintain. After this bill, peanut butter sandwiches are now on the dinner menu:
Attachments
P1030199.JPG
n783435558_475249_5367.jpg
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm Fortunately, someone bought the $1800 demo which is a good thing as the total bill for the Vette ended up being just about $5K (tires, rims, battery, brake pads/rotors/caliper rebuilds/water pump, distributor, fuel pump, some ignition components and a few other odds and ends). It's a 1996 LT4 and that's what happens when you let old cars sit too long. The last time it was out of the garage was probably four years ago:
Ouch. Looks great though. Mine has also been sitting in the garage undriven for too long. Ran perfect when I parked it, but we will see. '81, very dusty.
tobijohn
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:43 pm
Ouch. Looks great though. Mine has also been sitting in the garage undriven for too long. Ran perfect when I parked it, but we will see. '81, very dusty.
Thanks, I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive but not really trusting it for more than local grocery runs takes the edge off of that. My mechanic said I better start driving it or i'd be right back there again. Even if it's only around the block a couple times, get it out every month or so. Otherwise, everything dries out and gets brittle and leaks. It was a fairly common story on the Corvette forums I used to spend my time on before AGF...
mickey
Reactions:

This gasohol crap that is all many can buy today is one of the worst ideas anyone ever had as it hardens like epoxy if unused.
Add a can of "Seafoam" about every other fill up and it will help that a bunch with a vehicle that isn't driven much.
It is also good for things you "put away for the winter" like lawnmowers.
I have had to put my vehicles into a rotation so each vehicle gets driven at least once every two weeks.

And I define being driven as at least 20 miles.
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:09 pm ...Add a can of "Seafoam" about every other fill up and it will help that a bunch with a vehicle that isn't driven much.
It is also good for things you "put away for the winter" like lawnmowers....
Before I tried to start it, I drained as much of the fuel out as i could, added five gallons of premium and a can of Seafoam. It started up as quickly as turning on a light switch.

I've also got a generator that I bought about fifteen years ago after that spate of hurricanes but is still in the box. I've never opened it and for all I know, someone could have stolen it a decade ago and just thrown some cinder blocks in there. Seeing if that will start is working its way up my to-do list...
mickey
Reactions:

If the generator is still n.o.s. in the box, it has likely never had gas in it. :)
Gandalf the Intonationer
tobijohn
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:49 pm If the generator is still n.o.s. in the box, it has likely never had gas in it. :)
Excellent point! I've got to do some homework on this, just hoping internal parts aren't rusted together...