Upgrade to Epi '56 Gold Top - Les Trem knockoff

jcwillow777
Reactions:

So I've had my GT since '08. I have done a boatload of upgrades since getting it. My latest upgrade is a Les Trem knock off. I bought a Vibramate, B7 and Vibramate String Spoiler for the guitar. Shocker, it didn't fit right! The B7 stuck out 1/8" too long. So, I tried it on my '82 Gibson Custom CSB. It was even worse. It stuck out a good 1/2"! Well, that setup fit perfectly on my AL-2000, and that's where it is. I have a Vibramate, B7, and String Spoiler on 2 other ALs of mine. Go figure, supposed to fit a Gibson.

On to the Les Trem knock off. It was an easy mod. In fact, I didn't take the new set of strings off when I removed the Vibramate/B7. I was able to use them with the Les Trem. I really like the feel of the Les Trem, even better than my Bigsbys. It only cost $64, with shipping. I highly recommend it! It did only come with one set of bushings/screws. Fortunately they were metric and and fir my Epi LP no problem. They also sell the Duesenberg Les Trem II, without the box. They only run $60, about $70 with shipping and tax. I have looked at pics of the real Duesenberg and compared it to these. They look Identical. They are made in Germany, but shipped from China without the original box. I plan to buy 2 of them, they come with 2 sets of bushing, one metric and the other for standard US. I need the standard screws, cause one is going on my Gibson Les Paul. If I didn't have Bigsbys on so many of my guitars, I would have put this on, hands down. Much cheaper, and I like the feel much better!

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

That's a great price. I really like the Les Trem II - not for dive bombing, but it feels great for how I apply it and moves out of the way easily when I want. I love that we can adjust the arm height and length too,
Partscaster
Reactions:

Happy with mine, too.
Great feel. Looks sharp.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
glasshand
Reactions:

Looks really sharp. I foolishly sold mine a while back and now am thinking about getting one again; it would be good to have on my Firebird.
msc_
Reactions:

I bought a B7 and vibramate for a Gretsch a few years ago and ended up using it with my Gibson goldtop because it wouldn't fit the Gretsch. I ended up using the Les Trem for the Gretsch and really like the way it works.
IMG_0481(2).JPG
IMG_0482(2).JPG
IMG_0491(2).JPG
IMG_0490(2).JPG
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Very cool, I like that Epi GT with the mini hums. I have never been one to use a whammy bar. I just don't have the talent. I do not like the looks of a traditional Bigsby but that system is aesthetically pleasing.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole