SNAGGED! 1996 Purple Quilted Top Epi ST3 NightHawk Custom Reissue!

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Yup! 27 years old! Off Reverb...seller wanted $350 + Shipping...Offered him $250 + Shipping ($285 Total)...

ACCEPTED! :)

ALMOST Mint Condition. Binding has aged but other than that...FLAWLESS! STILL has "Coil Splitting Paper Ring" on the Tone Pot and the protective clear plastic on the PUP cover!

5 Way PUP Selector but when you SPLIT COILS you 10 options total. :)

Scale length: 25-1/2"
Fretboard material: Rosewood with mother-of-pearl "Crown" inlays
Fretboard radius: 12" (SLIM!)
Frets: 22 medium-jumbo
Bridge pickup: Slant NHT humbucker; 4-wire
Middle pickup: NSX single-coil
Neck pickup: NHR mini-humbucker; 4-wire
Controls: 5-way slider, master volume, master tone with push/pull coil tapping
Bridge: Nighthawk fully-adjustable; String-Thru Body
Nut width: 1-11/16"
Hardware: Nickel
Binding: Body and fingerboard
Tuners: Grover 14: Ratio
Attachments
1996 Purple Epi MightHawk-1.jpg
1996 Purple Epi MightHawk-2.jpg
1996 Purple Epi MightHawk-3.jpg
1996 Purple Epi MightHawk-4.jpg
1996 Purple Epi MightHawk-5.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Nice score love the top.
mozz
Reactions:

Intervention coming soon, have we introduced you to Tobyjohn, he has written a few books on the subject. " If I had Gas and a lottery ticket." "Where do I put this one? , a layman's guide to square footage efficiency. ".
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

Nice! I have a Gibson Hawk I snagged for $500 several months back. Love it, but might get rid of it because my FIL has medical bills I'm going to help cover.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Very nice! I am a sucker for all things Gibson. Enjoy!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

@Tglo loves those guitars. I will bet he weighs in.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

tonebender wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:05 pm @Tglo loves those guitars. I will bet he weighs in.
Oh boy!!!!!!! That is so sweet. I had 2 a burst which I still own and a Amber. These are the secret weapon of gibson/ epiphone. They are so versatile and play like a dream. I'd love to have one in every color plus the blues hawk and Nancy Wilson's fanatic. There is one on Tampa cl. Ouch no dough bro. That sucks. Got both mine for 250 each. Worth 3 times that as far as I'm concerned.
Oh the intense jealousy. 😢😲😢😲🤤😫
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
dabbler
Reactions:

Great Score! Nighthawks are very versatile players!
IMGP5208a.JPG
toomanycats
Reactions:

dabbler wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:13 pm Great Score! Nighthawks are very versatile players!

IMGP5208a.JPG
Why am I not surprised that you already own one of these? :D :lol:

I remember way back when this rag-tag community had a thread asking how many guitars everyone owned. As expected, @tobijohn was way up there. But you've got to have a sizable collection yourself, especially the "vintage" Rondo offerings. From what I can recall, just your bass collection alone was significant.

If I came across an Epi Nighthawk priced at what @LightWingStudios just snagged his for I'd be on it so fast. It looks like an incredibly versatile guitar for gigging.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Tglo
Reactions:
Gearlist: Way to many and it changes every month.
My new favorite is my Harley Benton guitars.

yfp2aajed6zf8s5nel3u.jpg
Mine.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤.
Love love love this guitar.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him wil not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
dabbler
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:36 am
dabbler wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:13 pm Great Score! Nighthawks are very versatile players!

IMGP5208a.JPG
Why am I not surprised that you already own one of these? :D :lol:

I remember way back when this rag-tag community had a thread asking how many guitars everyone owned. As expected, @tobijohn was way up there. But you've got to have a sizable collection yourself, especially the "vintage" Rondo offerings. From what I can recall, just your bass collection alone was significant.

If I came across an Epi Nighthawk priced at what @LightWingStudios just snagged his for I'd be on it so fast. It looks like an incredibly versatile guitar for gigging.
:lol: Yes, I do have quite a collection of Rondo instruments, both guitars and basses. But the only way anybody might guess that I'd have a Nighthawk would be if they knew that my particular model was once Musicians Friend's SDOTD.

So mine, too, was a deal I couldn't pass up.