G400 pro revisited

fatjack
Reactions:

This I bought in mid 2017 for $200 plus 25 shipping.It's a 2015 pro which the classic plus pups I believe with push pull pots. Got it cheap because of a chipped finish on the back upper edge straight above the controls. Fixed with a red sharpie and superglue.It was only visible from the back anyway. It's a very light resonant guitar unplugged, though a bit neck heavy, but a good clingy strap fixes that. I fell love with the neck at first as it has a nice thickness front to back. Great access to all frets. Later I found the shoulders of the d shape of the neck to not be my favorite as it sometimes caused cramps. I did find the pups to be pretty particular about string height but once that was straight thet were clear and bright at least for what I play. Again stock pics as I can't get to mine for months.
Attachments
YFENDER8956005.jpg
YFENDER8956005.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
YFENDER8956007.jpg
YFENDER8956007.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
tony1852
Reactions:

That's a beauty!

There's quite a few people that I've talked to that say the G400 Pro is a great guitar. Others, of course, prefer an Agile or actual Gibson. I had a couple of SGs (one Gibson and one Epi). Really liked the Epi, the neck on the Gibson was just not for me. Of course, the Epi was a Prophecy Pro with Dirty Fingers. I just got a Valkyrie so I'll see how that compares.

I really like the SG style, and I think something in black would be amazing. Gibsons are expensive and they seem very hit or miss. I'm stalking a couple of Gibson 70s tribute with Dirty Fingers.

There sure are a lot of lefty's on this forum lol! Because if it was right handed, I'd probably try to make you an offer. I should stop getting on this forum, all I want to do is buy guitars.
jtcnj
Reactions:

I have the faded version that I did not like much at first so it sat mostly unplayed. My son took and interest for about 2 years and used it.
He lost interest in it and when I gave it another go I really bonded with it, except for the pickups.
I put a set of Guitarmadness '59er PAFs and really dig it.
It gets played regularly and rotates with a few others as #1.
It is a righty / I am a lefty plays righty.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

My son had one of these and wound up selling it to get an AL. It was a really nice guitar and I sort of wish he'd kept it.
fatjack
Reactions:

[mention]tony1852[/mention] The number of active leftys and the joking about it was another reason I stayed. I wasn't made to feel like a freak by the backward handed people. I may have to give it another try when I get back home it may replace the 3010se. And yes we encourage promiscuous guitar buying.
Flatline
Reactions:

The Epiphone G400 are a great guitar and a great value. I have one. It is the guitar I've hung onto the longest. I bought it new in 2014. It is currently setup for D standard and kept in regular playing rotation.

MattFireblade
Reactions:

I'm really really tempted by the Classic Worn P-90 SG that Epiphone just dropped this year. Gonna have to go play one with how much I always like the G400 Pro and see if it's in a similar category for quality.
Kirobhan
Reactions:

MattFireblade wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:07 am I'm really really tempted by the Classic Worn P-90 SG that Epiphone just dropped this year. Gonna have to go play one with how much I always like the G400 Pro and see if it's in a similar category for quality.
The endorsement, I mean Inverness, green?

I keep going back to the SG Custom.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

Gibson and Epi SG's are both great guitars, my Gibsons get a lot of playtime, but so do my Epi's, I love them all.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
mickey
Reactions:

fatjack wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:27 pm @tony1852 The number of active leftys and the joking about it was another reason I stayed. I wasn't made to feel like a freak by the backward handed people. I may have to give it another try when I get back home it may replace the 3010se. And yes we encourage promiscuous guitar buying.
Kurt used to do an extremely good job of stocking a nice variety of lefty's.
Since he decided to go with those too many stringed EGR things I assume he is going out of business.
Today when I checked there were a sum total of FIVE guitars on Rondo's website.
At least in the place where I look on their site.
Oh! And there was a single odd looking EGR thingamie.
Gandalf the Intonationer
peskypesky
Reactions:

I've always wanted an SG. Somehow, I managed to never buy one, despite lusting after G400s and other models for many years.
Banned by Momo