NGD - Color Shift!

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Well, this one was definitely unplanned...but away we go. I've had an itch for a color-shift finish guitar for a while now, I've had a few in the past (Petrucci models, etc) and have recently been wanting one again. As many here know I'm a big fan of Harley Benton's Fusion models but they're not offered in this finish, however I remembered that brand Musi that had been getting very favorable reviews for their Virgo model. Did a little search on GC Used and found this one for a cool $199, which is about half the typical new price. It arrived yesterday and I can honestly say I will never stop being blown away by the amazing stuff that's available for next to nothing these days in the guitar world...just remarkable!

For specs we have a mahogany body (supposedly with a maple top, though I haven't verified yet), a roasted maple neck with a rosewood board and beautifully rounded stainless steel frets, solid locking tuners, and two decent sounding humbuckers with a push-pull on the tone knob. The trem is very solid as well, though I suspect it may have been upgraded/modded since all of the trems I've seen on these models have a chrome/nickel finish and mine is black. I checked the frets, not a single uneven or problematic one to be found. No tooling marks, and not a single flaw of any sort in the beautiful blue/purple colorshift finish. Neck pocket is perfectly tight too, which I always appreciate.

Try as I might, I can't find any issues and it plays great with super low action and zero buzz. Also really loving the upper fret access, super easy to get all the way up to the 22nd. I'll be upgrading the pickups as I always do on these cheaper models, got a set of Bareknuckles lying around that will turn this into an absolute firebreather.

Pics ahoy!
Attachments
IMG_9899.jpg
IMG_9900.jpg
IMG_9901.jpg
IMG_9904.jpg
IMG_9905.jpg
IMG_9902.jpg
IMG_9906.jpg
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Looks great! HNGD!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Spike
Reactions:

Beautiful guitar! Congratulations.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

That's a looker. Let us know how it plays.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
slowhand84
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:14 pm That's a looker. Let us know how it plays.
Thanks! That's in the last part of the original post :D , it plays great with super low action and zero buzz. Going to swap the pickups as I always do but those aside the rest of the guitar is extremely impressive.
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

Nice! I have one also. I also didn't pay full price, but didn't get quite the deal you got. Mine does have the chrome bridge like you mentioned, and also has the push/pull coil splits one both the volume (for neck pup) and tone (for bridge pup). I have the same thoughts on how well it plays. The one thing I needed to do was put a string tree on the E & B strings because the break angle was too low and was causing the sitar sound. Great buy and I hope you keep enjoying it!
slowhand84
Reactions:

BrianSkeezer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:37 am Nice! I have one also. I also didn't pay full price, but didn't get quite the deal you got. Mine does have the chrome bridge like you mentioned, and also has the push/pull coil splits one both the volume (for neck pup) and tone (for bridge pup). I have the same thoughts on how well it plays. The one thing I needed to do was put a string tree on the E & B strings because the break angle was too low and was causing the sitar sound. Great buy and I hope you keep enjoying it!
Thanks! I really am very impressed by it. No issues with any extraneous sounds or buzzing, I was expecting to have to do a little work before it's set up perfectly but it was ready to go out of the box (and with every string except the low E perfectly in tune as well). The neck is a tad slimmer than I normally like but I adjusted to it pretty quickly so I think this one will definitely be a keeper.