Weird rigs

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
helsinkirocks
Reactions:

So since COVID I've primarily been using amplitude and di software for recording, I haven't played live in 7 years so i hadn't been terribly bothered with having physical amps.

But here lately, I've been having that itch, and I've kind of been putting together a rig of what I've still got left.

So, I'm running an old Peavey MP-4 mixing amp i got for $25 on marketplace as a head on a custom 4x12 cabinet that I won at auction years ago for $18 bucks with different, but all no name speakers.
Currently running a small clone chorus, and small stone phaser. It honestly sounds really good clean. I only have an old DS-1 distortion pedal I'm looking to change, it sounds good, but not what I'm looking for.

What kind of weird rigs are you guys using?

Joined the original AGF on January 20, 2007.
Final Post Count: 4,369
toomanycats
Reactions:

I've learned to never underestimate solid state Peavey gear. For dirty tones I'd recommend some kind of Marshall in a box pedal that emulates an amp and will allow your head and cab to be just a PA (which it actually is in your case).

Over the years I've posted about different weird rigs of mine on this forum. My weirdest was an Archer telephone listener, probably from Radio Shack in the 70s or 80s. Very cool lo-fi tones.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
helsinkirocks
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:45 am I've learned to never underestimate solid state Peavey gear. For dirty tones I'd recommend some kind of Marshall in a box pedal that emulates an amp and will allow your head and cab to be just a PA (which it actually is in your case).

Over the years I've posted about different weird rigs of mine on this forum. My weirdest was an Archer telephone listener, probably from Radio Shack in the 70s or 80s. Very cool lo-fi tones.
yeah i was looking into some kind of amp modeler pedal, but i havent made any picks yet just watching youtube videos
Joined the original AGF on January 20, 2007.
Final Post Count: 4,369