For a laugh...

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
Tiga
Reactions:

Guitar Advancements.jpg
bleys21
Reactions:

Apparently, if it ain't broke...
toomanycats
Reactions:

Mamie Van Doren is like the Fender P-bass of babes.

Thumpable in the 1950s . . . and still thumpable now.

mamie.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Once you get it right no need to change it. Just ask the people at Coca Cola.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

^ truth!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

tonebender wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:41 am Once you get it right no need to change it. Just ask the people at Coca Cola.
Apologies, but I have to step in here. Are we forgetting the New Coke fiasco? P.S. I kinda dig that Fender.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 192713.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-07 192836.jpg
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
toomanycats
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:24 pm
tonebender wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:41 am Once you get it right no need to change it. Just ask the people at Coca Cola.
Apologies, but I have to step in here. Are we forgetting the New Coke fiasco? P.S. I kinda dig that Fender.

Screenshot 2023-09-07 192713.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-07 192836.jpg
Agree, there's something cool about that Fender. Oddly, I wasn't even aware of the existence of that model until you posted that pic.

So naturally I research the Fender Swinger.

From Wikipedia:

"The Fender Swinger (also known as the Fender Musiclander and Fender Arrow – as the "Swinger" emblem is usually missing from the headstock) was a short-lived electric guitar model released by Fender in 1969. The Swinger was an attempt by CBS (which had bought the company in 1965) to extract cash from inventory by combining unused bodies from the Duo-Sonic II and the failed Fender Bass V with parts from the Fender Musicmaster. The routing beneath the pickguard differs between instruments made from a Duo-Sonic II or Bass V. Bodies made from the Duo-Sonic II have no comfort cuts and a shorter bottom horn. Like the Fender Custom (a.k.a. Fender Maverick), the model was an effort to liquidate excess parts and inventory. The Swinger was marketed as another cheaper, short-scale 'student' guitar. "

Something I have seen from time to time at pawn shops are early Starcaster by Fender production runs that have the Swinger arrow headstock. I always looked at it was the ugliest headstock I ever saw on a Strat, though I now realize it was Fender making a nod to it's own obscure history . . . which actually makes it kinda cool.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Funny story but back in the day Pepsi wanted Michael Jackson to do a commercial for them but he was reluctant. Don King stepped in and assured Pepsi he could get Michael on board for a cool $5M. It was the most ever paid to someone to do a commercial. DK was successful and Michael got his money. I am sure DK got a chunk too. The Coca Cola company freaked out over what the competition had done. To counter they decided to make the bold move to improve their product and call it New Coke. The rest is history. The whole thing was musician related.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole