NGD - Roasty!!

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Well, GC Used strikes yet again with another beautiful Fusion model from Harley Benton, the HP42. I actually have one of these already (still stock) but I couldn't resist picking up this additional one because it looked like the neck was truly spectacular, it was clearly heavily modified (tuners, bridge, and pickups) and it was priced right at $250. And boy, is this neck somethin' else!

This is my 4th Fusion model (5th if you count the one I ended up selling), and QC-wise this might be the most "perfect" HB I've received...not a single tooling mark, perfectly rounded fret ends, and really great finish work. I typically find one little thing here or there (to be expected for guitars that are around $400 new) - usually a little finish overspray inside one of the horns, a little rough fret edge here or there, etc...but I can't find a hair out of place here.

The fretboard's going to need oiling (as usual, they're typically a little too dry), but aside from that there's nothing else that needs to be done but to restring it and enjoy.

Some pics here, and then it's off to restring and find out what these pickups are. I'm guessing most likely Dimarzios, maybe a Tone Zone in the neck and something else that complements it in the bridge. Will report back!

Also: I will never understand how photos post here on AGF lol...in the thumbnails they are sideways, but when you click to open them in full size they are right side up. So I guess click 'em to view em properly :lol:
Attachments
IMG_5779 (1).jpg
IMG_5790 (1).jpg
IMG_5786 (1).jpg
IMG_5778 (1).jpg
IMG_5784 (1).jpg
IMG_5781 (1).jpg
toomanycats
Reactions:

That neck is friggin' nuts!

Do my eyes deceive me, or are those drywall screws holding in the neck pickup?

drywall.jpeg
drywall.jpeg (38.8 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
slowhand84
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:04 am That neck is friggin' nuts!

drywall.jpeg
I believe so, a screw is a screw I guess! :lol:
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats on the new guitar. I have never owned an HB, I suppose I am a rich man bastard.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
slowhand84
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:33 am Congrats on the new guitar. I have never owned an HB, I suppose I am a rich man bastard.
I don't know that owning an HB disqualifies one from being a rich man bastard, lol...especially if you've seen some of my other guitars :D . I really am shocked at how great these are though, any time I get one I think back to what this money would get you back when I first started playing. We've come a LONG way.
toomanycats
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:33 am Congrats on the new guitar. I have never owned an HB, I suppose I am a rich man bastard.

The many quotes of hbowner are the gift that keeps on giving.

richman.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

That is one awesome neck.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
slowhand84
Reactions:

It really is, the neck is always the star of the show on these. Some of them are plainer, it's luck of the draw...but this one is pretty wild. Here's another pic attempting to do it some justice, the figure is crazy.
Attachments
IMG_5787 (1).jpg
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

slowhand84 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:28 am
toomanycats wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:04 am That neck is friggin' nuts!

drywall.jpeg
I believe so, a screw is a screw I guess! :lol:
Watch out! That kind of thinking'll end you up married.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson