Poll: Whats on your purchase radar?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.

What's on your purchase radar?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:57 am

Guitar
33%
Amplifier
8%
Pedals and effects
8%
Recording gear
8%
PA and related items
No votes
Guts (capacitors, pick-ups etc.)
17%
Cords and stuff
No votes
Other
25%

Total votes: 12
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Ironically, I drew up this post but am "good" for now. Choose and feel free to elaborate below.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Gergo
Reactions:

I really need to get Cubase loaded onto my new computer and get that all set up. That is my priority.
My playing is always better after some good beer
bleys21
Reactions:

Oh man, right on time. Epiphone just hit me in the head with this sweetness:

Here's the linky: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... E0&irgwc=1

I've already got an email into my SW rep to find out when they're actually shipping. I'm not missing out again!
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

We have been looking at houses lately so no major guitar related purchases on the horizon, if anything perhaps a bit of housecleaning/thinning the herd.

I still occasionally get an itch to buy one of the smaller Friedman heads but then I remember that I plug in to an amp less frequently than I go to the dentist as of late ( mostly playing acoustic ).
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
toomanycats
Reactions:

Still looking for the perfect, used, reasonably priced Gibson Les Paul R8. It's gotta sound as good as my 2006 R0, and it's gotta play like buttah, and I'm not going to sell a kidney for it. I'm finding it difficult to tick all those boxes.

I also wouldn't be upset if I came across a fair priced, locally listed, used Marshall 1960TV 100-watt 4x12 Greenback loaded cabinet.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

tlarson58 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:57 am Ironically, I drew up this post but am "good" for now. Choose and feel free to elaborate below.
That is an awesome place to be!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

toomanycats wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:21 am I'm finding it difficult to tick all those boxes.
Something I profess to my friends who have GAS, accepted a substitute purchase, then end up on the hunt again. Get what you really wand and hold out until all boxes are ticked!
andrewsrea
Reactions:

Luckily, I have had little GAS mostly because I am living vicariously through people who contract me for their projects (which I am stacked up for at least two months).

That said sometime in my future will be an extension cabinet (15" speaker, closed back) for my 1964 Vibroverb and someday, a pine or light swamp ash Tele.
mozz
Reactions:

$1300 for a Epiphone? I've seen a 59' Epi standard on craiglist for $800 and it will never sell.
AGF refugee
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am contemplating a set of PA subs for live gigs. I am looking at 12" offerings by Behringer and Alto right now. Believe it or not the Harbinger 12" subs aren't bad either. I am not a fan of their tops but the subs rock.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
SamIV
Reactions:

PRS SE DGT. I am too tight to buy the USA model at over $4000.

E062912C-15E9-4795-BC2A-BCC78AAC60E5.jpeg
tlarson58
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am
tlarson58 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:57 am Ironically, I drew up this post but am "good" for now. Choose and feel free to elaborate below.
Just bought a new car. My first ever.

We're broke for the foreseeable future. : )
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tlarson58
Reactions:

Bump
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
mozz
Reactions:

Been looking at cars, as usual new is probably out of my price range and new is not really needed. Been having luck buying 1 or 2 years old for a discount, still under factory warranty. My daily driver is 12 years old so that one will be sold, looking at some 2021 Escapes now.
AGF refugee
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

@tlarson58 Did you get a Subaru?
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
glasshand
Reactions:

Really nothing, for once. That probably won't last too long, but for now I'm good. It doesn't help/hurt that I'm feeling kind of broke right now!
jtcnj
Reactions:

I wasn't looking but Amazon Prime got me for another Squier Tele.
If it doesn't tick all the boxes it will get returned.

@mozz
I have a 2017 AWD Escape work vehicle. Got it with maybe 2k mi. It only has 43k mi. now, trouble free.
I like it.

I don't carry any loads, just back and for to the office and to job sites.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Nothing on the radar for now my latest problem is that my left arm has stopped working the doctor said it may not start working again so not even looking at anything for now.
mozz
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:54 pm @mozz
I have a 2017 AWD Escape work vehicle. Got it with maybe 2k mi. It only has 43k mi. now, trouble free.
I like it.

I don't carry any loads, just back and for to the office and to job sites.
We have a 2017 ruby red Escape, kind of our weekend/wife drives in the winter vehicle. Bought it 1 year old with 28,000 miles so it was all highway miles. Now it has 68,000 trouble free but i change oil every 5000 and tranny fluid every year. Shifts beautiful. Just put plugs in it, supposedly good for 100k but i never wait that long. The turbo is hard on little engines, the gaps were stock but some buildup and discoloration on the porcelain. Idles smoother now. You kind of a need special plug socket to get at them, way in the back and down deep and at a angle, proper tool I just bought at amazon after the fact.

The 2020 and up we are looking at have the same size engine 1.5L turbo but it's now a 3 cylinder. Our old escape and the 2 cars we have are 2.5L non turbo and it's a great engine, but they (most manufacturers) are pushing the smaller turbo motors now, which i don't really care for.
AGF refugee
andrewsrea
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:19 pm
andrewsrea wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:27 am
Just bought a new car. My first ever.

We're broke for the foreseeable future. : )
Congrats! What did you get?

I care for them and keep them for the long haul. So if you are like that, think of it as then next 4 to 7 years of not having to think about your car reliability!
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Tires for my Tacoma, still on the stock 2012 ones, and alignment out after encounter with tree stump on dirt road ...!

Canopy, for the one and only annual three-day (music+) camping trip. I have a nice model (Eurmax Premium, as seen at an event I volunteer for) )in mind, wife said "if it makes you happy...", which reads like "I don't care", so I may just stick with the lousy one we have.

Still buying the odd film camera, here and there, even though several great freebies show unsuspectingly. My library has an exhibit case, and I am thinking of putting one together, "film cameras, 1915- 2003"!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Guitar-wise, I have been thinking hard about abandoning my HX Stomp XL and getting a Headrush MX5.

Otherwise, our home computer just decided it doesn't recognize its hard drive. So a new computer may be on the horizon (we can use my wife's old laptop for a bit, but it's OLD). I might get a new laptop and use it like a desktop with portability, or I might (gulp) get a Mac Mini.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson