Slowhand84's Guitar Extravaganza!

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Seeing another member's post of his collection on another forum a little while ago reminded me that I've been wanting to do something similar, since I had never actually photographed my whole stable with any kind of consistency that would be properly presentable. Long story short, I highly recommend a project like this to those of us with many guitars, if for no other reason than to serve as a stark reminder of our addiction! :lol:

I left out one or two that are going to new homes this week, so these are just the keepers.

Without further ado and in (more or less) decreasing order of value, away we go!

Attempting to do this via Imgur first to preserve quality...if it doesn't work let me know:

slowhand84
Reactions:

And of course no gear spread is complete without the rig, so here's that (including some of Mr. @TVvoodoo's amazing WH straps!
Attachments
IMG_2925.jpg
toomanycats
Reactions:

Thanks for sharing.
I love the red Jackson Professional HSS Dinky. What is that, about a 96?
What's really amazing is that the flame on some of those Harley Bentons is as outrageous as on the high end stuff.
I'd sure like to crank that HIWATT and windmill some cowboy chords. I might even get airborne a couple times. :lol:
Very nice collection indeed.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
slowhand84
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:55 pm Thanks for sharing.
I love the red Jackson Professional HSS Dinky. What is that, about a 96?
What's really amazing is that the flame on some of those Harley Bentons is a outrageous as on the high end stuff.
I'd sure like to crank that HIWATT and windmill some cowboy chords. I might even get airborne a couple times. :lol:
Very nice collection indeed.
Haha, crankin' the Hiwatt will guarantee even your neighbors get a little airborne! That red Jackson is actually not a Dinky but a Fusion (Professional Pro model, born in 1990). The Fusion models have a 24.75 scale, which REALLY makes them shred machines when combined with the 24 frets, bound ebony board, and Schaller Floyd. GC Used sold me that thing for less than $200 shipped, they had no idea what they had at all. It's one of the highest end MIJ Jacksons and retailed for $1300 in 1990, which is roughly $3,000 today :lol: . The Professional Pro series was 99% identical to the USA Jacksons of the time, but made for the Japanese market...they had Professional Pro models for the Rhoads, Kelly, Fusion, Dinky, Soloist, and King V.

And yep, I never cease to be amazed by the roasted maple HB uses. The figuring varies for those from just so-so to DAMN, I always buy 'em used so I can seek out the ones with the wildest figure. Those photos don't do them too much justice because the chatoyancy is different from every angle...when you catch the right angle then you can really see how insane they are:
Attachments
IMG_1176 (1).jpg
PXL_20220218_171541470.JPG
IMG_2930.jpg