GAS rekindler

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
honyock
Reactions:

This Yammie looks very interesting Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
PsychoCid
Reactions:

What kind of music do you want to play on it?
toomanycats
Reactions:

Revstar meets Corvette. Pretty guitar, and I like the vintage tuning pegs.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
honyock
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote:What kind of music do you want to play on it?
Mostly Southern Rock ala the Steel Woods (RIP Rowdy) and I have been working on learning some Turnpike Troubadours songs

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Hmm. Carbon fiber reinforced neck and stainless steel frets. Nice. I have to admit I like the look. Blue with racing stripes is kinda cool, like these.
Front.jpg
MustangSmall.jpg
honyock
Reactions:

Damm Sweetwater and their too easy to use website. $26/month is less than I spend in a week on lunch, just going to make a couple of PBJs a month plus the proceeds from my last sale I am over half way paid off.

There goes my plans to downsize...I made it less than a week.

1 out (AL3200MCC) sold 2/27
1 in (pre-ordered Yamaha Revstar RSS20L-SWB) purchased 3/2

PsychoCid
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:59 pm Damm Sweetwater and their too easy to use website. $26/month is less than I spend in a week on lunch, just going to make a couple of PBJs a month plus the proceeds from my last sale I am over half way paid off.

There goes my plans to downsize...I made it less than a week.

1 out (AL3200MCC) sold 2/27
1 in (pre-ordered Yamaha Revstar RSS20L-SWB) purchased 3/2

Lol! Hope you enjoy.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

The Force is strong with this one young Jedi.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

That has cool lines!

Nothing is getting my GAS going. Been on a waiting list for about 6 weeks for an Eminence Legend 1518 15" for my Vibroverb.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Of course the lefty version costs 50 bones more.

I still want it
honyock
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote:Of course the lefty version costs 50 bones more.

I still want it
You would think Yamaha would not charge the lefty tax.

I am geeked for mine to show up, hopefully they hit Sweetwater in early April as expected.

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Yeah..waiting for these to show up in Thailand...gasser.
Screenshot_20220330_164912.jpg
honyock
Reactions:

That looks amazing.

Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

Speaking of lefty stuff, I’ve been wanting a sunburst Sire lefty P7.
All that’s available on Thomann is white.

I went to Sire’s site. A couple hundred bones more than the same thing in white is on Thomann.
None of their dealers have any.

So I emailed Sire to see when one would be available.

Here’s their reply:

Hello Jeremy.

Thank you for contacting Sireguitars and for your inquiry.

Please note that the custom left handed bass is built upon order through our website the estimated time for completion would be 5 to 6 months after you made the purchase.
honyock
Reactions:

Seems like these are being hit by the supply chain woes. Have yet to see the Standards arriving into the US. My guy at Sweetwater assured me I am the 1st one on the list when the lefty standard in Swift blue arrives. Fingers crossed for June.

My 2022 Bronco is still not scheduled for production, so it could be worse. At least I am finally starting to see new Broncos on the street for my morning commute so I am still hopeful I can be driving a new vehicle at some point in 2022. Paying a fake car payment into a saving account at a credit union has been a good GAS governor, though I did break down and buy a couple more Harley Bentons this month...

tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

@honyock

Those broncos are sweet. Plenty of them around here. That doesn't help your outlook, sorry.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
honyock
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote:[mention]honyock[/mention]

Those broncos are sweet. Plenty of them around here. That doesn't help your outlook, sorry.
No worries, I have been waiting since Ford announced the return in like 2017 or 2018. I didn't reserve immediately since I didn't want a 1st year model and I had some particular features they didn't offer together until this year's model.

If I had known that they would be able to fetch so much on the secondary market I would have put in two reservations immediately and just sold the 1st one to cover the cost of the 2nd one

honyock
Reactions:

Redacted...

Partscaster
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:09 pm Decided to cancel my pre-order today. It is now 2 months late with no delivery date in sight.

The GAS has worn off again and I'm back to trying to downsize the number of electric guitars (still want another parlor sized acoustic after I shed some of the clutter)

I love my Blueridge parlor size acoustic. It sounds huge due to the nice scalloped and "pre-war" (?) shifted bracing.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
honyock
Reactions:

Well, I could not gonthrough with my cancelation afterall. I was just going to wait and see if it would ship in the next month and sure enough.

Got a call today, that the Revstars have arrived at Sweetwater and if I still want the 1st one, they can have it shipped put today...

honyock
Reactions:

It arrived yesterday, spent about an hours noodling around with it. Really wonderful guitar.

Mine is the one that Sweetwater used for their pictures on the website that they just added last week. I can tell because of the little bit of plastic wrap that was stuck to the body next to the neck that I had to clean off also the dark streak in the fretboard at the 11th fret.

image.png
image.png
image.png
Attachments
image.png