Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
mark_morton
Reactions:

hath74 wrote:
mark_morton wrote:Three bills and a 15min drive... Image

Nice score!! This is on my list of things to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Second time I score a Mesa Oversized cab for this much. First time was about 3 years or so ago. Sold it to fund something else.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Now that's a cabinet. Well done sir.

Weighing a 4x12 with V30s myself. A Traynor. With a 100W Custom Special head. For $500 Cdn.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

zisme wrote:i will do a full thread on this thing later in the week after my first band practice with it...

...but after a over a decade, i once again own a tube amp
ftwin.jpg
Congrats. There’s nothing like a good twin!
I can’t tell them apart easily. Is this a reissue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
zisme
Reactions:

JimyTheAssassin wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:05 pm Congrats. There’s nothing like a good twin!
I can’t tell them apart easily. Is this a reissue?
Thanks! and yes, this is a reissue

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1220&p=16635#p16635
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
Partscaster
Reactions:

Just pulled trigger on this SX Hawk Thinline. After reading about the EJ Fender Thinline, I want to experiment and put my Klein 59 pickup set in it. It might be a great combo. I'll likely swap in the rosewood-FB Allparts 7.25 neck that is in the Strat with the 59's currently.
HAWKMNALDH3TS2.jpeg
HAWKMNALDH3TS3.jpeg
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

Dayum, I don't even remember.....
~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I pulled the trigger on this J. Joye Roadmaster (Cabronita). I love the top, and we lefties can't get Cabronitas from Fender short of several grand... As of this afternoon it is on its way here. My first Cabronita and my first trial of TV Jones pickups!
ccjrse7abdpzfljsj7q9.jpg
golem
Reactions:

I got a few things in a trade including a JHS Mufletta, Whammy DT, and the Humbdolt Simplifier.

It's pretty good. It really could let me get rid of my two cheapest tube amps (both of which I legitimately enjoy) to free up space.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

I find the Simplifier concept really intriguing, let us know what you think of it in use.
golem
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:23 pm I find the Simplifier concept really intriguing, let us know what you think of it in use.
I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this but I shall at some point. I'm trying to find a pair of headphones that have the adapter so I can get a better sense of what it does. This thing can do a lot and I'm not currently using it the way it was designed to be used (although it still sounds good going into the input of the amps I've put it into).
mkgearhead
Reactions:

I just ordered this today. It should be here on Monday.
362649.jpg
362649.jpg (23.11 KiB) Viewed 2585 times
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

Squier Classic Vibe Tele purple FSR.jpg
I got this Classic Vibe Tele this week. It's nice, but not as nice as my other Classic Vibe Tele.

First, the not so good: This is one needs a little work. It has 3 high frets and the tuners are junk. When changing the strings, both unwinding and winding, the posts would raise up and then pop, not just on one, but all. The gears are probably stripped. As for the frets, I was expecting perfect of course, but the high frets are not raising from the board, it seems they just weren't leveled. I already tried tapping them back down with the rubber mallet. The fret ends, however, are perfect.

Now the good: This neck..... Oh Man! This is what I wanted on my other one when I was shopping for one but they were all the modern C. It's not a full thickness 50's neck, but it's almost there, like a Baja Tele. It's a perfect feel for me. Also the tint is a bit darker as compared to the tint on the other. The color is metallic purple, but looks blue in some light, which you all know I love. The body is poplar, and the specs advised light-weight, and it is lighter than my other one, coming in at 7.4lbs. The pickups are great! I'm guessing they're AlNiCo 5 magnets, since the specs just say AlNiCo.

Overall, I'm happy with it, just a little disappointed with the qc on this one. It's nothing I can't fix, but it's a Classic Vibe. I wasn't expecting to have to fix anything. I already have a set of Gotoh tuners on the way, and I'll file the high frets when I change them. If it interests any of you, I didn't know it until now that the Classic Vibes are now made in Indonesia instead of China. I don't know if that means that Cor-tek are building them or not, but most of the Co-rtek stuff that I've touched has been excellent. I'm thinking this one just slipped out.

A few more pics.
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

Some of the comparison shots:
20201114_055603.jpg
20201114_055634.jpg
20201114_055822.jpg
belleswell
Reactions:

I was victorious on feebay back in '13 for a pair of M-Audio DSM 1 monitors. New list price was $550 ea. I won the pair for $112.50. It felt like I was stealing them from the seller. Recently one died. I could not find a DSM1 to replace the one that died, so I upgraded to a pair of DSM 2s. The difference is the woofer. DSM1 has 6" and the DSM 2 has the 8". I've tried Alesis, Rokit,and a cheaper BX monitors made by M-Audio , and these are the best of everything I've had to date.

I believe they quit making the DSM1 but the DSM 2 is still available new for $750 ea. I got a used pair for $250. Not quite the score that I had with the DSM1's I bought years ago, but still a bargain compared to new prices.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio/St ... 5052247.gc

honyock
Reactions:

Sold my CV50s necked CV60s strat to a nice guy who had just moved to
town from Hawaii.

Bought a Bugera V5 just for the heck of it today. It is on backorder, so maybe it will come by Christmas.

Also bought a 2 button footswitch for my SCX2 head.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
dabbler
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:03 pm Sold my CV50s necked CV60s strat to a nice guy who had just moved to
town from Hawaii.

Bought a Bugera V5 just for the heck of it today. It is on backorder, so maybe it will come by Christmas.

My V5 is my family room amp. I love it! Hope you enjoy yours.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

In transit...

PRS Tremonti SE.jpg
honyock
Reactions:

dabbler wrote:
honyock wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:03 pm Sold my CV50s necked CV60s strat to a nice guy who had just moved to
town from Hawaii.

My V5 is my family room amp. I love it! Hope you enjoy yours.
Glad to hear, thought it sounded like a sweet little rig and most all of the reviews made it seem like a nice addition to my collection of amps.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Lacking Talent wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 pm In transit...

Arrived.

2009 PRS SE Tremonti.jpg
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

20201115_140752.jpg
NGD to come if I ever get time to set up and clean up my basement for a shoot....

"...Jack Butler's gonna like you...."
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Partscaster
Reactions:

I bought a GFS Pro 1963 Texaswound bridge pickup (8.6) just to try it in a CV strat that I was going to sell with an inexpensive Stratosphere's "Hot Texas Blues" (HTB) pickup set that I then had to keep cause the inexpensive set sounded so good.
The HTB set sounds great, IMO, with a very Hendrixy Axis Bold as Love tone.

I thought the HTB bridge could still stand to be hotter and so the GFS 63 bridge at 8.6, I bought. 26$ (henries unknown)
Put it in 2 days ago. It sounds good. Slightly a more neutral bell like voice...and the hotter wind is evident. There is still good string separation, but the edge of breakup is right there. I like it alot. I am fairly vintage tone based so this is a nice hotter alternative.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mkgearhead
Reactions:

mkgearhead wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:55 pm I just ordered this today. It should be here on Monday.

362649.jpg
Here's it is!
31703B01-81D1-4B71-BE12-A896318E7ED7.jpeg
golem
Reactions:

@Lacking Talent I eventually let the simplifier go. I wasn't hearing enough of a difference between the three modes. It sounded a bit hi-fi with the headphones I had. I decided I'd rather sell it than try to see if I could find a good use for it.
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Got a great price on a pair of Super HiLo Trons and a harness out of a Gretsch with the proper config for my Vintage White Falcon thing. Plug and play so I can put in the Blacktop Filtertrons or get the connectors for my Fidelitrons.

*How are you guys attaching images?
voodoorat
Reactions:

have gotten a few new things but no guitars. have sold a few things, most notably my 2016 60s gibson les paul tribute. also sold my katana 50 mk1 and my takamine 12-string.

recent purchases:

casio px130 digital piano
image.png
roland acoustic chorus 100 amp
image.png
fishman loudbox mini
image.png
have wanted a digital piano for a while, want to learn to play it a little and hopefully learn to read music and a better visual feel for theory. that's obviously just a stock photo, mine was used but came with the 3-pedal piece.

have been mostly playing acoustic and singing in our jams recently so i wanted to get a better acoustic amp/pa type thing (i have a couple of very low-end solutions that kind-of work but they don't sound great and/or are underpowered). i got the roland because it cropped up on local market when it cropped up cheap but once i tried it out i could see why it was so cheap: it works but a lot of the electronics are iffy. ie, the instrument volume pot is worse than useless--if you touch it it makes horrible sounds, a few other settings don't seem to work well especially with the mic input and it makes bad feedback sounds even at pretty low volume. when it works it sounds great but it is pretty iffy, if i really want to use it much especially outside home i'll have to get it serviced. i opened it up but there wasn't anything obvious wrong. it's also as big and heavy as the fender twin, probably about 65-70 lbs. i got the fishman mini as a backup and as a more mobile solution and have been pretty impressed with it so far (just got it yesterday but used it last night for jam with bass and drum e-kit). heading somewhere tonight for a jam so will take that one.