Whats your' latest gear acquisition?

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
voodoorat
Reactions:

What does the first button do, a boost that isn’t on the panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flatline
Reactions:

voodoorat wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:02 pm What does the first button do, a boost that isn’t on the panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Button 1 does nothing on my amp. Not sure what it would do for others.
golem
Reactions:

bought this from Mike, local guy in a cover band I regularly by guitars from, this morning:

I wasn't planning on keeping it but using it to trade for something like a PRS DGT, Suhr Alt t, etc.. It's a good guitar, I just prefer splittable humbuckers, locking tuners, etc.

Also, going into surgery tomorrow so y'all might not see me here for a few days. It's not high risk but you never know.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

A couple of tidbits:

For the Classic 20:
20200721_222331.jpg
For the EC256. FINALLY no more binding at the nut:
20200721_222351.jpg
And there is one more that I will reveal at a later date. ;)
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
Flatline
Reactions:

golem wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:04 am bought this from Mike, local guy in a cover band I regularly by guitars from, this morning:

I wasn't planning on keeping it but using it to trade for something like a PRS DGT, Suhr Alt t, etc.. It's a good guitar, I just prefer splittable humbuckers, locking tuners, etc.

Also, going into surgery tomorrow so y'all might not see me here for a few days. It's not high risk but you never know.
Looks nice. What is it?
voodoorat
Reactions:

knaggs? it looks great.
golem
Reactions:

voodoorat wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:51 pm knaggs? it looks great.
Thanks. It sounds great too.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Walking my dogs last week I see a curbside junk pile in the distance - which I always scope out for repurposing salvage.
As I get closer I think I see a 3x3 headstock. Found a complete guitar, even has the trem bar!

Never heard of Aslin Dane guitars.
Made in Korea sticker on the back.
It has some play wear and some dings and such.
Seems to be at leas SX quality but the finish is much nicer not thick, very nice thin satiny finish on back of neck.
The tuners are decent quality, smooth, almost zero backlash, fairly high ration compared to some of the cheap junk tuners.

Very dusty dirty. Wiped it down, plugged it in. Everything works. The jack and switch are noisy.
took it apart and cleaned it up a few days later, new set of 9-42, tightened up - almost all the hardware was loose.
Contact cleaner smoothed the switch out. the pots are smooth and quiet.

Worked out the neck relief, action height and intonation.
Plays really well, very comfortable, maybe 7.5 lbs-ish, balances well.

The single coils sound pretty crummy and the G string sounds really off with the staggered poles.
The bridge HB is a bit shrill.
I put an A2 magnet in it and it is not bad at all.
I like this guitar a lot. If the honeymoon lasts I'll find some decent single coils and maybe a bridge pick up.
20200719_144448.jpg
20200721_204716.jpg
20200719_093743.jpg
20200719_093746.jpg
20200719_093755.jpg
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
jtcnj
Reactions:

few moar pics, cuz we like pics
20200719_093947.jpg
20200719_093807.jpg
20200719_093813.jpg
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
glasshand
Reactions:

I got a second small bass head, because I couldn't make up my mind on which would be better, and with the whole coronavirus situation it's been really hard to get out and try things, assuming you can even find a place around here that has what you want to try. Ultimately I'll just sell whichever one I decide I like less.

I like the GK's tone a lot, and the 4-band EQ is nice, but it's so small and light it's almost toylike, and it's annoying for a practice amp that the aux in and headphone out are on the back. If I were designing this amp, I would have moved the power switch to the back and put the jacks in front, and/or ditched the IMO not very useful "contour" switch. The Ampeg sounds pretty good too, and I really like that it has separate gain and master volume controls.
ampeg_gk_bass_amps.jpg
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

J, Rockett Audio Designs brought out a new V2 of the amazing "The Dude" ODS pedal. I've always liked The Dude
so I thought I'd try out this new one and make sure they haven't fooked it up.

~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

mkgearhead wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 pm
glasshand wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm
mkgearhead wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:27 pm GFS had a sale so I picked up this purple Xaviere LP copy from their clearance section. It should be here on Monday. $185 shipped. :D

B_200618_5_A_thumbnail.jpg
Be sure to let us know how it is! I have an older Xaviere that I really love, but I haven't heard much about their newer stuff.
It came in on Monday. The fit and finish are great. It was put in the clearance section because of a scratch on the back of the neck at the 12th fret. The Cruchy Pats sound really good. I don't see a need to change anything on this one. The pickups are definitely miles ahead of the ones on my Firefly LP.
xlp.jpg
xlp2.jpg
I have a set of crunchy pats that I was thinking about putting into my SX Callisto.
I take it this is an endorsement that I should go ahead and do it.
mkgearhead
Reactions:

Jaymo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:26 pm
mkgearhead wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 pm
glasshand wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Be sure to let us know how it is! I have an older Xaviere that I really love, but I haven't heard much about their newer stuff.
It came in on Monday. The fit and finish are great. It was put in the clearance section because of a scratch on the back of the neck at the 12th fret. The Cruchy Pats sound really good. I don't see a need to change anything on this one. The pickups are definitely miles ahead of the ones on my Firefly LP.
xlp.jpg
xlp2.jpg
I have a set of crunchy pats that I was thinking about putting into my SX Callisto.
I take it this is an endorsement that I should go ahead and do it.
do-it-do-it.jpg
do-it-do-it.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
Flatline
Reactions:

I got a Hosa 3ft speaker cable in the mail. Nothing exciting but needed a spare.
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

I ordered a 2 button footswitch and cable for my Crate BT50.
mozz
Reactions:

IMG_20200726_165510812.jpg
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

[mention]Flatline[/mention] Sorry I didn't answer clearly and only know realized. It's a Knaggs Kenai 3. I don't have the spec sheet but it happens to have a Suhr Doug Aldrich and a Duncan 59. It's a really fat sounding sort of singlecut.
golem
Reactions:

So I saw this Titan (by Kauer) on Reverb. I know Doug isn't building these things any more (or at least for a while) since Kauer has really took off during COVID. As a result I decided I better get these while they're still around.

This one is a prototype and upgraded by the last owner with a Mastery Vibrato Kit (i.e. no routing as it already had a JM trem). I was able to send a quick message to Doug Kauer on TGP before buying it and he confirmed it was a prototype and that he only made a few while testing out design ideas.

I expect I'll want to sell something soon to offset the purchase of the Knaggs Kenai, Lincoln Brewster signature, and this in under a month.
Spike
Reactions:

Just about as exciting as Flatline's 3ft cable is my set of Dunlop Straploks. But I did get a bag of Sweetwater candy with it. :D
gear.jpg
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
glasshand
Reactions:

That reminds me, I just got my latest Sweetwater order in - a new access door for my Ovation. Exciting, I know. And I didn't even get any candy with it! Slightly more seriously, this was the first and only thing I have ever gotten from Sweetwater that wasn't very well-packed. The access door is basically a flat panel with a screw sticking out of it; they put it in a slightly padded envelope, so of course the screw punched right through the envelope. Nothing was damaged, but it was not what I wanted to see.
voodoorat
Reactions:

weird. the last thing i got there was like a single set of strings i think and i still got a few pieces of candy.
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

I must be on a J. Rockett kick now. Saw it, wanted it, got it...
The H R M – Hot Rubber Monkey is a re-creation of the overdriven sounds of
the legendary D style ODS amp but with the Hot Rodded Marshall EQ mod.

J. Rockett Audio Designs Hot Rubber Monkey (HRM)
~Jim~

Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

Here's another old friend back for a second chance. Always have liked certain pedal builders
because their pedal seem to be quieter. Wampler, JRAD, Greer, etc. Let's welcome back.... :shock:

The Wampler Euphoria

~Jim~

Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

Well it was time for my first super high dollar pedal (at least to me).....so...
I hope it's a good one.

Pettyjohn "Rous" Distortion Drive

~Jim~

mkgearhead
Reactions:

This showed up yesterday from the Goodwill auction site. I thought the artwork was cool so I put in a fairly low bid and got it for $65 shipped.
6043D508-DDF4-4B9D-BDB9-12ABE534E3C7.jpeg