Jeff Beck is dead

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
golem
Reactions:

Saw it on TGP. Googled it. It's pretty fresh news with multiple sites reporting on it in the last few minutes around 5pm EST
toomanycats
Reactions:

I hope this is a mistake.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
artandsoul
Reactions:

crazy! its says he died from bacterial meningitis I saw him in 2006 it was great show.
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Looks like it may be true. He was 78.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
glasshand
Reactions:

Damn. It looks like he was working until very near the end of his life, too. I always thought that "Where Were You" was one of the most beautiful guitar tracks ever captured.

golem
Reactions:

I really liked Beck's parts in his tribute to Les Paul. Apparently they were friends.

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

My wife Lyuba and I stood 15 feet away from him at a Hard Rock Cafe gig he did in Orlando 15 years ago. I wept. She was just speechless. Tal Winkenfeld was unbelievable. Man This Sucks...BIG TIME.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Partscaster
Reactions:

How sad.
"Cause we've ended as Lovers" now cranking in my house.

an accredited quote,

“Jeff Beck is the best guitar player on the planet,” Joe Perry, the lead guitarist of Aerosmith, told The New York Times in 2010. “He is head, hands and feet above all the rest of us, with the kind of talent that appears only once every generation or two.”
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

That's a lot of guitars that lost their voices, here.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

There are certain players that if there was a camera showing a tight shot of his strumming hand with no volume you could still tell who it was playing the guitar. Derek Trucks is another, Jimi, Knopfler, Billy Gibbons, Eddie and several others also fit into this category. The unique style they used to manipulate the strings with their strumming hand sets them apart.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
jtcnj
Reactions:

Sad, RIP Mr. Beck
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Partscaster
Reactions:

"Where Were You", the last song at the 2007 Ronnie Scott dates. After humbly thanking the crowd who sit with their jaws still on the floor, Jeff leaves the stage like a magician in his own 'puff of smoke'.
This song is recommended by Brian May as amongst the best examples of Jeff's virtuosity.

[url]
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

RIP Jeff Beck (not to be confused withour own AGF JB).
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
mickey
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:09 am RIP Jeff Beck (not to be confused withour own AGF JB).
Our own Jeff Beck is who came to mind (to me) and NOT the unknown guy whom this thread seems to be about. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Just listen to this isolated track of his "Blaze of Glory" solo. The "YEAH!" at the end is well-earned.

And from what I understand...no slide.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson