NGD: Agile Geodesic Pro 625 Blue Purple Burl

Sub forums for Agile/SX, Gibson, Fender, PRS, Epiphone, Douglas, Other guitars and Lessons. If you would like another added contact the Site Admin.
HTSMetal
Reactions:

Looks like I got the one Kurt used for his stock photo!

First impressions are really, really good -- I've owned a number of Agiles over the years, primarily AL-3010, AL-3100 and AL-3200s so I'm used to these guitars swinging way above their price point...but this thing is on another level altogether. Lightweight, absurdly nice roasted maple and ebony neck with what Rondo described as "extra jumbo" stainless steel frets (which are not quite as big as described after they were leveled at the factory), just all around awesome.

I'm even impressed with the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups -- they were the point of contention for me since I don't play a lot of djent or metal, but my goodness these things sound absolutely excellent clean and mildly overdriven. The tuners were another concern, as I've heard some older model Strandbergs can be a pain in the butt to tune up as the tuning machines get tight and lock up -- these are smooth as can be, and this guitar has not gone out of tune once since it arrived.

I pulled the trigger on this thing mainly because of recent thoracic spine issues -- I'm a musician by trade, one of the blessed ones who didn't lose his job during this pandemic, and doing long performances with an 8-10lb. guitar has become problematic. I played this Geodesic all day today with nary a back pain!

If you're on the fence about one of these, I'd say order one before they disappear -- it would still be a good deal at twice the price!
ID10t
Reactions:

Happy new guitar day. I looked at them, thought about them. Maybe after my next must have.
Good review though.
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

HTSMetal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:12 pm .
(Photos are not displaying)

Are you the guy in the pic? If you are, I've watched a number of your demos on YT. Liked your tone, your playing and the stuff demoed, thanks :mrgreen:
fullonshred
Reactions:

Welcome to our humble home. We would love to see the pictures - they are not showing up for me either. If you are a youtube guy would like a link to your channel. Thanks and glad you are happy with the Agile.

EDIT: I found it. I really like this video. Nice effects, and some tasty chops. Well done. I posted it here. Hope you don't mind.

Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Eddie woulda liked that :D
HTSMetal
Reactions:

Gear_Junky wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:06 pm
HTSMetal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:12 pm .
(Photos are not displaying)

Are you the guy in the pic? If you are, I've watched a number of your demos on YT. Liked your tone, your playing and the stuff demoed, thanks :mrgreen:
Hey yeah that's me! Glad you enjoyed them. I've sort of retired the YouTube gig but I may do a demo of this Geodesic; it's too cool not to!
HTSMetal
Reactions:

Adding pics if the ones in my original post didn't work out right:

fullonshred
Reactions:

That's a beautiful guitar, for sure. Congrats.
slowhand84
Reactions:

HTSMetal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:59 pm Adding pics if the ones in my original post didn't work out right:

Nice, turn that sucker around and show us the roasted maple neck! Love the one on my Agile Epic.

Also, how is the bridge? Always felt those were a big weak point on Rondo's previous headless offerings but these look like a different type.
dearlpitts
Reactions:
Gearlist: Strat,steat,strat,agile3018,tele ,mustang

Looks like fun
SamIV
Reactions:

Never heard an Epi DOT sound that good before.