WTB - AD-201

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Throwing this out there - anyone have an AD-201 they might be looking to part ways with? I know several of you have them but the "willing to part" is the big question ;-) I'd prefer one of the older ones with the wraptail, and TV Yellow would be my #1 color choice, but i'd also consider almost any of the other colors ( Vintage white, Cherry or Walnut )

I had 2 of them over the years and should have never sold either....maybe if I find a third it will be the charm.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
azimuth
Reactions:

Hey, I'm back here after many years away :) It's not quite what it used to be is it.... anyhow I came to see if anyone is looking for an AD-201 because I have one for sale. Are you still looking for one? I realize this post is old.

Mine is the 2TS and has a few mods including an added 2nd volume plus a complete rewire, pickup magnets changed to Alnico 2, and body has been dulled/scotchbrited.

I see you're in the US and I'm in Canada. I've never shipped a guitar outside of Canada but can look into it.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

Welcome back! I'm always looking - and while i'd prefer VWHT or TVY, i'd consider the burst - pm me with details or share here, whatever you'd be more comfortable with. If I don't want it someone else might!
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Have you considered the 2014 Gibson Melody Maker with P90's. I got one for $399 back in the day from Sam Ash and it is awesome. I actually put Gibson Mini Hums in it and it is a beast. They were cheap back then but I am sure they have appreciated since.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
honyock
Reactions:

tonebender wrote:Have you considered the 2014 Gibson Melody Maker with P90's. I got one for $399 back in the day from Sam Ash and it is awesome. I actually put Gibson Mini Hums in it and it is a beast. They were cheap back then but I am sure they have appreciated since.
Used Gibson from that era has gone nuts. They were basically giving them away a few years later as NOS, now they seem to pull above the original street prices whenever I check sold listings for the past few months.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 pm Have you considered the 2014 Gibson Melody Maker with P90's. I got one for $399 back in the day from Sam Ash and it is awesome. I actually put Gibson Mini Hums in it and it is a beast. They were cheap back then but I am sure they have appreciated since.
I still have that 93 p90 studio so at this point a JR would just be icing on the cake ;-) In reality I play almost exclusively acoustic now, but that Beato signature is pretty GASsy. I have quite a few guitars on my "if I ever find a killer deal" list - and I'd say more than half are Gibson's with P90's ;-)
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Wow, I just saw a 2014 Melody Maker listed for over $1200. Not sure it is worth that, but nonetheless good to see it has appreciated.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
azimuth
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:24 pm Welcome back! I'm always looking - and while i'd prefer VWHT or TVY, i'd consider the burst - pm me with details or share here, whatever you'd be more comfortable with. If I don't want it someone else might!
Yes I'll get some better pics first and then post it here
glasshand
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:05 pm Used Gibson from that era has gone nuts. They were basically giving them away a few years later as NOS, now they seem to pull above the original street prices whenever I check sold listings for the past few months.
You ain't kidding. The Reverb price guide says that they've gone from a little over $500 as of November 2019 to over $750 as of last month. And I know there are always a few crazies out there, but someone is asking $1100 for one right now. :shock:
tonebender
Reactions:

This thread prompted me to take the MM to rehearsal last night. Man that thing sounded awesome. So much so that I will take it to the gig tomorrow night, I think. I can switch from my P90 LP to my Humbucker LP without changing the settings on the amp but the MM is a little different. I may need to find a back up that pairs better with it, maybe a Tele.