PSA: Lefty SJM (original Liquid) $199 + $55 shipping

tobijohn
Reactions:

Not a bad price if you give any value to a Jazzmaster tailpiece and/or Liquid's history. It has a Make an Offer option so you may be able to get a better price. I've got a 2TS one already otherwise I'd be interested:

https://reverb.com/item/70669547-sx-liq ... term=Email
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:15 am Not a bad price if you give any value to a Jazzmaster tailpiece and/or Liquid's history. It has a Make an Offer option so you may be able to get a better price. I've got a 2TS one already otherwise I'd be interested:
I have a full stable of Liquids, but no SJM. That thing is rough, but I did shoot an offer. Thanks!
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Hey cool. I offered 25% less than their asking, and they accepted. It's obviously a store, not an individual, so I guess they were tired of keeping it in house. I looked up-close at all the pictures. It looks like it was treated bad, but not played all that much. Going to have to give it a new nut first thing, because it looks like someone tried it righty and the high E is probably bouncing around in that nut slot. Also noticed the trem looks like it's locking, I would not have guessed that.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Do you plan on keeping the stock pickups? As soon as I get a little room to breathe project-wise, for my SJM I'm going to have @Buddha Pickups wind a set of Jazzmaster pickups with a P90 form factor...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
doc-knapp
Reactions:

Damn! I woulda snagged that one.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:51 pm Do you plan on keeping the stock pickups? As soon as I get a little room to breathe project-wise, for my SJM I'm going to have @Buddha Pickups wind a set of Jazzmaster pickups with a P90 form factor...
I have no idea what I'll do with it yet. I'll spend some time getting to know it and any ideas should just start flowing after that. I do have a set of Jaguar pickups I've been thinking might go into a Liquid, so maybe... But if I like the pickups it comes with, I tend to keep those. Your idea of JM pickups in this body style is also appealing. I think of them as P90's beefier brothers.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Signature required, 3 hours later and counting.
Why bother to give a delivery window.jpg
Dinner canceled. Seriously, why do they even set a delivery window if they never respect it?