FS: Douglas Hawker & Deltatone Black Beauty

Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Amidst one of those "Best Laid Schemes" / "Life Gets In The Way" periods I'm sure you've all experienced, have decided that these two pieces of MIK awesomeness (and perhaps this community, too) would be better served by me finding new, loving homes for them.

Douglas Hawker -- no pickups (I never had them) -- but will include all the original hardware, wiring, pots. Lot of potential. $250 shipped CONUS.

Hawker husk.jpg

Deltatone Black Beauty, more info here on the forum at viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3821&hilit=deltatone. Great rock guitar. $325 shipped CONUS.

tsg4sizlrw5ie12neblp.jpg

Thanks for looking, each is in at least VG if not EX condition, PM me to make payment and shipping arrangements...
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

I've had 2 Hawkers from back when Kurt clearanced them out and I definitely regret selling them. I had a green and a natural. I think they had black too besides your purple. Kurt cut one open to shoe that the inlays were real ebony wood, if I remember correctly.

Very cool guitars.

Edit**
I'd be interested if you ever want to sell that natural one in your avatar 😉
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

I don't own the Natural one in my avatar, actually; it was chosen as an "aspirational" image -- that's how I would have refinished the Tribal Purple one that I'm selling!
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

I'm kinda interested in the Hawker @Lacking Talent these were mahogany body, right? Can you show a good pic of the back?
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

No prob, watch this space!
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

Here are pix shining very bright light at an angle that catches some scuffing on the back...

20231023_202602.jpg

20231023_202650.jpg

20231023_202710.jpg

This is what the back looks like without the bright light pointed directly at it...

20231023_203040.jpg

Here's a brightly lit, acute angle of the flamed top that shows how the dulled perimeter of the body carve could stand a buffing and polish to bring back its original luster. As I mentioned above, were I keeping this guitar, I'd strip it and make it a Natural refin!

20231023_203219.jpg

And finally, the specs from the Rondo website back in the day...

https://www.rondomusic.com/hawkertp.html

Hope that helps!
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Very helpful sir! Nice variety of pics of that Godawful color LOL!

Exactly like you, was also thinking natural refinish. I've been looking for my next guitar project and was always somewhat fascinated by this one with the maple neck, plus I've got some double cremes here looking for a home. Too bad its bound on the back to as I'd like to give 'er a nice belly bevel... I guess a fella still could but that's a lot of serious rounding over to nix a triple binding. Plus I'm in Canada so shipping is more of a problem, particularly as winter approaches. Let me think on this for a couple days, no foul if you happen to move it in the meantime... the timing sucks for this to come up right now for me.
... so you never had it strung and twanging? Theres no obvious neck issues or anything?
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

UPDATE:

The HAWKER has sold locally.

The DELTATONE is still available!
Lacking Talent
Reactions:

FINAL UPDATE: Both gone now. My thanks to those who expressed interest!