PSA: Epiphone P90 Pros - $40 shipped

tobijohn
Reactions:

If you're looking for a decent set of P90s, these are very good and $40 shipped is also a very good price for what you get:

https://reverb.com/item/71415252-epipho ... ed%20Email
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Thanks! I'm going to try them. No mounting screws or springs and didn't know if the leads were cut or de-soldered, so I shot an offer and he accepted. He says the leads were de-soldered, so yay. Screws are easy and I tend to foam-back anyway.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

These showed up today, and I've only just opened the package. The seller said they were de-soldered, but no, they were very obviously clipped off. The leads look long enough though, and the resistances test out at 8.18K and 8.13K respectively. I guess they're meant for the neck to be louder than the bridge, or just wound the same and labeled differently. Haven't decided what they're going into yet, but given where they came from, it might by something Gibson shaped.
Actual.jpg
tobijohn
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:37 pm These showed up today, and I've only just opened the package. The seller said they were de-soldered, but no, they were very obviously clipped off. The leads look long enough though,
From past experience, as long as the bridge pickup is at least 12" and the neck pickup 14", you should be OK. For you right-handed folks out there, the cable paths and pickup alignment in a left-handed guitar makes a longer length necessary...
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

When I said Gibson shape, I was thinking one of the AD-201s. But I'm pretty sure I want independent volumes with these pickups. I'm thinking of maybe throwing them into this guy using both pot locations as volumes and adding a phase switch.
Top Small.jpg
tobijohn
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:34 pm ...When I said Gibson shape, I was thinking one of the AD-201s. But I'm pretty sure I want independent volumes with these pickups. I'm thinking of maybe throwing them into this guy using both pot locations as volumes and adding a phase switch.
Why not use a push/pull for the phase switch?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

tobijohn wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:51 pm
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:34 pm ...When I said Gibson shape, I was thinking one of the AD-201s. But I'm pretty sure I want independent volumes with these pickups. I'm thinking of maybe throwing them into this guy using both pot locations as volumes and adding a phase switch.
Why not use a push/pull for the phase switch?
That's a great idea, hadn't even considered it.
tobijohn
Reactions:

BTW, I've got that very same Reville Q90 that is scheduled for a custom pickguard and three Burns Tri-Sonics. Someday...
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Seriously TBJ I do no know how you remember what guitars you have. When my count got somewhere north of 40 I had to open cases to jog the memory. I have it down to a respectable number now that can be kept in one closet and I still sometimes discover one I forgot about.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tobijohn
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:46 pm Seriously TBJ I do no know how you remember what guitars you have. When my count got somewhere north of 40 I had to open cases to jog the memory. I have it down to a respectable number now that can be kept in one closet and I still sometimes discover one I forgot about.
I've got everything in a spreadsheet: Make, model, upgrades, weight, serial number, estimated replacement cost...