Mustang for too much...

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I just saw this $3100 (+ $90 shipping and tax) Fender Mustang on Reverb...

https://reverb.com/item/39723060-trade- ... e-w-stripe

I have the exact same lefty Mustang in excellent condition, plays great and sounds great, in a hardshell case. I don't want to sell it, but if someone is looking at that one on Reverb and remotely considering it, I'd sell mine for $2500 shipped because that's a few times what I paid for it. Mine looks the same, but here's the GC listing pic of mine...
2.png
ID10t
Reactions:

Yep, I'm watching it now. Maybe they'll get excited about having in on a watch list.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

ID10t wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:59 pm Yep, I'm watching it now. Maybe they'll get excited about having in on a watch list.
Great idea. I just did the same.
mickey
Reactions:

Whenever I see a thread title like this one, my mind automatically assumes:
FenderMustang1.jpg
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

I've got a righty that someone left, years ago, in my former companies wood shop closet. I've had it for years, it's from the 70's. Its got dings and scratches all over it. I should sell it.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:03 pm Whenever I see a thread title like this one, my mind automatically assumes:

FenderMustang1.jpg
Me too, half the time. Ya gotta wonder what Fender was smoking when they decided to overlap those product names.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:49 pm I've got a righty that someone left, years ago, in my former companies wood shop closet. I've had it for years, it's from the 70's. Its got dings and scratches all over it. I should sell it.
If you do sell it, it will grab a respectable price. They are great guitars, just not $3100 great.
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Holy cow, someone in Germany just did the same listing for even more. Just $3189.64 plus a couple hundo shipping... Either they're both on crack or I'm really missing something.
https://reverb.com/item/39789089-fender ... ana-guitar
No nibbles on mine for $2500 shipped means you guys are not crazy, but Reverb, whoa.
Mossman
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:03 pm Whenever I see a thread title like this one, my mind automatically assumes:

FenderMustang1.jpg
Even though I've been looking at Mustang guitars lately, the first thing I thought of was the amp, too.
BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:07 pm Me too, half the time. Ya gotta wonder what Fender was smoking when they decided to overlap those product names.
That's not as bad as Music Man calling their import line: "Sterling by Music Man". They have a US-made bass model called "Sterling", so now, whenever you talk about the bass, you have to clarify that you don't mean their cheap import brand. I've actually had some low-simmering GAS for that bass for a long time, and I'd like to own one some day, but I don't look forward to having to qualify every time someone asks me what kind of bass it is. :roll:
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO