For Trade Gibson 300k Linear long shaft pots

Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

I have about 50 that I'll probably never use. I like the quality and value/300k but I'm not a fan of the linear taper.
If anyone has any push pull pots, jacks, or tubes they wanna trade?
Kind of a long shot but I had these for harnesses when I had a reverb store so they've been collecting dust, so to speak (they're in packaging sealed not collecting dust fyi).

Gibson
Brass shafts
Long shaft
Linear
mozz
Reactions:

May be interested but the linear taper, not a fan of that either. I think there was a way to add a resistor across 2 of the lugs to emulate a sort of audio taper, will research that. Came across old stock NOS jacks a while back but not wanting to part with them as i use them in pedals. What kind of tubes are you looking for?
AGF refugee
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:53 am May be interested but the linear taper, not a fan of that either. I think there was a way to add a resistor across 2 of the lugs to emulate a sort of audio taper, will research that. Came across old stock NOS jacks a while back but not wanting to part with them as i use them in pedals. What kind of tubes are you looking for?
If u find info to alter the taper let me know. I always considered linear to be an on/off pot, there's not much in between.
As far as tubes, any preamp tubes in the 12 family would work, not sure what other varieties can be safely substituted for 12ax7/etc.
As far as power tubes, I have amps that use el34, 6l6, or el84 but prefer newer production, not a fan of old used power tubes due to unsure longevity reasons
mozz
Reactions:

Probably the only way to do it (with a useable sound) you would have to lower the value to at least 250k, then it's kind of no go for humbuckers.
https://www.diystompboxes.com/analogalc ... h/emh.html
http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/p ... tscret.htm
tailoringpotentionometers.pdf
(277.6 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
AGF refugee