FS: Fender Box!

BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Inspired by similar listings elsewhere, I thought I would offer this up to my friends here first, then CL, FB, MGR, Reverb, Ebay if no takers.

What we have here is a genuine vintage Fender box that has traveled the world. It has been shipped from North America to UK and back, so the relic is absolutely real.

I am not using this cardboard shell case as much as I should, so I'm willing to sacrifice it for $850 or 1 bitcoin obo.

Would also be willing to trade for a tobacco burst lefty 1986 Gibson Les Paul Custom in excellent or better condition.

Original packing included, and I will pay for shipping CONUS!

See pictures for condition.
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
ILuvTeles
Reactions:

GLWTS!
mickey
Reactions:

I would buy two if they were available but have no use for just one. :lol:
Of course that assumes it is left handed?
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

I've been looking for one of those for a year, to use with my 86' Gibson Teabag Burst. Used to own one....
Finally thought I'd never find another and so recycled the burst at the town dump.
Great box. Dont trust it with just any guitar.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:52 pm Inspired by similar listings elsewhere, I thought I would offer this up to my friends here first, then CL, FB, MGR, Reverb, Ebay if no takers.

What we have here is a genuine vintage Fender box that has traveled the world. It has been shipped from North America to UK and back, so the relic is absolutely real.

I am not using this cardboard shell case as much as I should, so I'm willing to sacrifice it for $850 or 1 bitcoin obo.

Would also be willing to trade for a tobacco burst lefty 1986 Gibson Les Paul Custom in excellent or better condition.

Original packing included, and I will pay for shipping CONUS!

See pictures for condition.
1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
My cat is going to be bidding
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

:lol: Funniest thing is I posted it for April Fools on CL, and got a few scammy responses wanting to buy it. :lol:
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:24 pm :lol: Funniest thing is I posted it for April Fools on CL, and got a few scammy responses wanting to buy it. :lol:
Damned cat ...I knew I should have cut off his WIFI access
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Wow, I still have a Jackson box lying around. It's more of a shreddy, high performance box though.

If I sell it, I should be able to order another guitar and get another box!

I'M GONNA BE RICH!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

April fools aside, I have a genuine 1966 Fender case in good condition, that I use for my 2002 Fender Thinline Reissue. It is designed to fit any guitar (including the XII) from that era and I once thought of selling it when they were going for $350. Not being attached to the nostalgia and seeing I could get a generic replacement for around $70, it seemed like selling it was a good thing. However, I never got around to it.

I am not sure what they are worth now.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I somehow missed this thread @BatUtilityBelt but it was still funny. I kind of forgot "April Fool's Day" this year but, this was my 66th one and somethings in my memory circuits are beginning to get a little bit fuzzy. :?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:53 am April fools aside, I have a genuine 1966 Fender case in good condition, that I use for my 2002 Fender Thinline Reissue. It is designed to fit any guitar (including the XII) from that era and I once thought of selling it when they were going for $350. Not being attached to the nostalgia and seeing I could get a generic replacement for around $70, it seemed like selling it was a good thing. However, I never got around to it.

I think they're worth whatever someone with a 60's Fender would pay. Wouldn't hurt to list it on Reverb and go fishing.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:31 pm
andrewsrea wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:53 am April fools aside, I have a genuine 1966 Fender case in good condition, that I use for my 2002 Fender Thinline Reissue. It is designed to fit any guitar (including the XII) from that era and I once thought of selling it when they were going for $350. Not being attached to the nostalgia and seeing I could get a generic replacement for around $70, it seemed like selling it was a good thing. However, I never got around to it.

I think they're worth whatever someone with a 60's Fender would pay. Wouldn't hurt to list it on Reverb and go fishing.
Yeah..before I moved to Thailand, I sold off everything I could think of. Had a cheap old Fender Frontman amp...garbage really...but it had an authentic metal Fender Logo....removed the logo and sold it on Ebay for $50...amp went to the trash bin.