NBD: 2010 Squier Affinity Jazz Bass

Discussions about all things "Bass".
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Paid $150 at a local Music Go Round. I set it up and changed the volume pots to A250K. Also did a little cosmetic clean ups. Tomorrow, I'll strip it and eventually paint it Fiesta Red in Nitro-cellulose lacquer. Neck has some dents that need to be swollen and sanded, but she plays and sound great!
Attachments
Squier 2010 Jazz Bass 2.jpg
Squier 2010 Jazz Bass 1.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
Open G
Reactions:

It looks great! I'd keep it black. I have a red Precision bass copy and audience members keep complaining about the color.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Open G wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 am It looks great! I'd keep it black. I have a red Precision bass copy and audience members keep complaining about the color.
The audience is complaining about the color of your bass? Rough crowd! ;)

I am a Fiesta Red fan. I am getting the paint from re-ranch and they assured me their Fiesta Red is like the 'mistake' that was on Hank Marvin's 1959 Strat, which had a little more white and orange mixed in. I am going to clear coat it with Behlen Stringed Instrument Lacquer mixed with a small tint of yellow. I'll do three coats, let it cure, then level and buff. I am shooting for the total finish to be on the 'vintage thin' side.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob