NBD HB RB-414

Discussions about all things "Bass".
honyock
Reactions:

Picked up this as a B-stock saved almost the cost of shipping ($59 saved vs. $71 shipping)

While I was at it, I decided to get a case for my Jaguar. As luck would have it, Thomann has their Jag cases priced almost half the price of their US counterparts. So I basically saved $70 on the case and it shipped for almost free as a passenger with the bass.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play it for a couple weeks.

I did pluck around with it a little before I left and I think it will definitely be a fun one to fake my way through my favorite tunes on Rocksmith.

Maybe I'll try the bass path on Fender Play when I get back to it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
UrenragK
Reactions:

HNBD!
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Looks like a winner. Interesting how things seem to go in waves - I remember when the Harley Bentons were flowking like water around here. Seems like Firefly had temporarily taken the "bang for your buck" torch for a while too.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
honyock
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:35 am Looks like a winner. Interesting how things seem to go in waves - I remember when the Harley Bentons were flowking like water around here. Seems like Firefly had temporarily taken the "bang for your buck" torch for a while too.
I haven't hit up Firefly yet. I've now got more HBs than Agiles/SX/Douglas by a 2 to 1 margin. Sold many of my Agiles the past couple years and probably would have done more had there not been the BS change to 1099-K reporting.

Thomann have long since passed Rondo as my B stock hunting grounds.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
jtcnj
Reactions:

Nice Bass!!

I'm still wow'd every time I pick up the AXL P90 Jr. built from the husk I got from @honyock, thanks again, Nate!

I got bit by the Firefly bug here from @LightWingStudios .
So thrilled with the FFLV, I wanted and FFLX Explorer, but they are gone.

Took a chance on a Jazzmaster style, a bit concerned about trem bridges on cheap guitars.
Hasnt shipped yet.

But buffering my NGD chomping at the bit (just a bit), the Bootstrap tele pickup set for my Indio / Monoprice tele shipped!
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Jaymo
Reactions:
Gearlist: SX Liquid. SX Hawk. Sawtooth Tele. Ibanez GAX70L. SX Callisto STD+. Ibanez miKro bass. Jay Turser Pbass. Carvin LB70L.

HNBD.
I’ve been thinking about getting one of those.
Lowend Lobster did a video series about one of those.
He said it didn’t sound like a Rick.
He said it sounded more like a Gibson.
To me, “sounds like a Gibson, looks like a Rick” is a good thing.
Seems like a good way to get Gibson sound without paying Gibson prices.

Also, sorry for the zombie thread. I didn’t see this one until today.
Plus, it’s been kinda dead around here lately.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Great looking bass @honyock I remember you recently were wanting a Jazzmaster and I was looking around for one at the same time. So a couple of nights ago I laid down a few bass lines on something I was recording and decided to sniff around a few new basses to see if there were any deals to entice me being Black Friday and all. So I hopped on the net and this open box half price deal for a CV 60's P Bass popped up and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Evidently one of us has to be reading the others mind. :D