EHX Oceans-11?

andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Has anyone tried the Electro Harmonix Oceans-11 multi reverb? [mention]Perfect Stranger[/mention] ?

I tweaked my AMI 20 20w tube head and it sounds amazing (will cover in a separate thread). It not only sounds great straight-up, but it became an incredible pedal amp. I am going to build a pedal board for it and may move my EHX Holy Grail Nano from my main board to this one. The amp has no built-in reverb and the nano sounds nice.

Leaving an open spot on my main board. My in interest was peaked when I read some schematics for popular reverbs and most use the Belton, Accutronics or FV-1 Spin processors. For example, the Holy Grail uses a Belton and the Oceans-11 uses an FV-1 Spin. The only difference between models and manufacturers, is the software code written for the FV-1 Spin, which changes some parameters (which is why the Hall of Fame can be changed via downloads).

So, I was thinking of building my own multi effects reverb, but noticed I could obtain an Oceans-11 for an additional $50.

Any experience with the Oceans-11?
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Anybody?
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

I have a Wampler Ethereal Delay & Reverb for sale / trade, but not for $50 :D

And yes, the Oceans 11 is a real nice Reverb pedal, but that's all it is.... It would probably
fill your needs admirably.
~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
andrewsrea
Reactions:

Perfect Stranger wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:32 pm I have a Wampler Ethereal Delay & Reverb for sale / trade, but not for $50 :D

And yes, the Oceans 11 is a real nice Reverb pedal, but that's all it is.... It would probably
fill your needs admirably.
Thanks, Jim!

Reverb is what I need. I have a vintage delays going on this board: DoD R-880 (dual analog), Ibanez DM500(digital delay & mod) and a Digitech PDS-1002 (digital delay & hold).